Project Management Fee?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the charge or how much you are expected to pay someone to manage a investment project?

Let's say you would get roughly a 20% ROI? (before tax and before paying for the service)

Thank you!
Dex

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the charge or how much you are expected to pay someone to manage a investment project?

Let's say you would get roughly a 20% ROI? (before tax and before paying for the service)

Thank you!
Dex

What type of services do you mean?

Firstly I'd want more than 20% ROI on project but that's me.

I know some Perth project managers are quite pricey but they may include an awful lot. I charge 1.5% of construction contract to do what I call project management (assist with design, builder choice/tender, prestart choices, fortnightly report/up date on construction/site and assist with choosing rental/sales agent at end)

What type of services do you mean?

Firstly I'd want more than 20% ROI on project but that's me.

I know some Perth project managers are quite pricey but they may include an awful lot. I charge 1.5% of construction contract to do what I call project management (assist with design, builder choice/tender, prestart choices, fortnightly report/up date on construction/site and assist with choosing rental/sales agent at end)

Services would include from start to finish:
Finding a property to investing with a report
Submitting all necessary applications
Design, finding a builder
Update report on construction
And what you've said (would there anymore extra important essential services I'm missing?)
Would that increase the %?

Just not financial side of things and the settlement stuff which are usually left to the lawyers anyway.

Definitely in the future I will look for higher ROI projects for investors. I originally thought 20% of the profits would be nice but looking at some of the responses it looks a bit too greedy and ambitious.

Services would include from start to finish:
Finding a property to investing with a report
Submitting all necessary applications
Design, finding a builder
Update report on construction
And what you've said (would there anymore extra important essential services I'm missing?)
Would that increase the %?

Just not financial side of things and the settlement stuff which are usually left to the lawyers anyway.

Definitely in the future I will look for higher ROI projects for investors. I originally thought 20% of the profits would be nice but looking at some of the responses it looks a bit too greedy and ambitious.

I'm now terribly confused. Are you asking if 20% is too much to charge someone to be their project manager for those things? Then the answer is yes.

First finding a site isn't a project manager, nor is the report. You could possibly say the stuff after is though. I think it varies based on the contract amount but I doubt it's more than 5% for after purchase items.

Last edited:
I'm now terribly confused. Are you asking if 20% is too much to charge someone to be their project manager for those things? Ten the answer is yes.

First finding a site isn't a project manager, nor is the report. You could possibly say the stuff after is though. I think it varies based on the contract amount but I doubt it's more than 5% for after purchase items.

Yeah I meant if it was too much. Okay so let's say property scouting and project management together, would that warrant a higher percentage like around 3-4% then?

Sorry some clarification, 3-4% on the total project value. For example, if the after development the value of the property/ies is worth $1m then I'll charge $30-40k

Is that reasonable for still too much?

Sorry some clarification, 3-4% on the total project value. For example, if the after development the value of the property/ies is worth $1m then I'll charge $30-40k

Is that reasonable for still too much?

It really depends on how competent you are and what sort of returns they will be getting. If someone brilliant came to me with a project I knew they could pull off and it returned 40% I'd happily pay them 10% to put the whole thing together and manage it but if it was 20% and I wasn't sure how good they are I'd be uninterested even at 3% pm fee

Yeah I meant if it was too much. Okay so let's say property scouting and project management together, would that warrant a higher percentage like around 3-4% then?

Property scouting or sourcing of the site would be 2% on it's own.
I am looking into having a project managed at the moment.
Size of the development might determine charges as well.

A 5 unit site total build cost of 1.2m will be around 8k per site.
Or just under 3.5 %. This would include all apects of the development from DA to completion. This is what I have been advised to allow for if I choose to have the project managed.

i thought you were talking about construction

the project manager for a build would be a builder or they would have to be a licensed builder

Back