Property auctions - People to strike against them.

In my own suburb, there are only 12 - 20 sales made in an entire year. They range from $900K waterfronts to $250K fishing cottages and everything in between.

The CG chart looks like the crazy cat lady's breakfast :p:D
You do have to wait 12 months to draw a trend line or ride the monthly rollercoaster ride of "I just made a $1M awhhhhh no, I just lost $0.5M, ahhh it's alright I just made $800K back". :p:D

In my own suburb, there are only 12 - 20 sales made in an entire year. They range from $900K waterfronts to $250K fishing cottages and everything in between.

You do have to wait 12 months to draw a trend line or ride the monthly rollercoaster ride of "I just made a $1M awhhhhh no, I just lost $0.5M, ahhh it's alright I just made $800K back". :p:D

median prices, even if hedonically adjusted are meaningless for a suburb.

take hedonic median prices (like rp data) in a city with a decent amount of sales then it is moderately reliable for a month and pretty damn reliable for a quarter. of course add a sprinkle of 'markets within markets' to the mix.

over the last quarter Sydney is the only city in the black. yoy Brisbane, Perth and Darwin are all down around 5%.

Darwin's falls are largely attributed to recent falls so I wouldn't read too much into the figures. monthly and quarterly figures for Darwin indicate a massive drop, a crash really. a few more months and the picture will be clearer for this relatively small market. Darwin went up so much a year ago it can afford to drop.

I'm investigating Darwin for the next couple, but there's no rush. how are rent demands, rent prices and vacancy going in Darwin?

Hahaha! One moment you’re popping the champagne the next you’re desperately trying to stuff the cork back into the bottle. Ah the rollercoaster that is RE investing

All investors in NSW… get ready to buy in Balmain or Marrickville ;)

Seriously... tell me where the strike is happening so I can negotiate a better price :)

dont buy petrol on day x from provider Y
same sort of logic .............:(
At least that logic has a bit of chance of success as people can still buy from another provider. If petrol strike didn't work then what chance does this property strike has?

Recently I did a bit of play around with last 10 years of sales data for 4 suburbs I was interested in.
I thought two methods are reasonable to see the actual growth.
1. First I simply picked houses with 3 or more sales in that ten year period. There weren't many. I plotted them in a single graph to get an idea.
2. Simple land sale value per sqm.

Back