Warnings over a 'buyers' strike' in property

It wont work. Despite all the best intentions, people are ultimately self serving and will do what is best for themselves.

If the wife is pregnant, and their dream house comes along and they need somewhere to house their new family, no amount of "pledges" to not buy will stop them forking out cash to do the right thing by themselves.

The strike is driven by a bunch of bleeding heart attention seekers pushing their own agenda. Tugging on the heardstrings of FHB's is an easy way to be heard.

I'd say it is time to go shopping for another IP. Sentiment is bad - not many FHB's at open for inspections - stagnant markets. People choosing to rent for longer instead of buy etc.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Regards Jason.

This topic has already been done to death over here: http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69876

....as the others have said - not going to happen. The Opens I attended on the week-end were - let's just say - more than packed, and people at several were a little flustered just trying to move in the property to look around and get in & out.

Oh, that must have been the striking buyers all coming out for a look to make sure that no one was going to actually buy the place.

I wonder who is going to call the strike off and what will happen to prices when all the strikers decide to buy - at once of course!!!

Very silly idea, really!!:rolleyes:

Oh, that must have been the striking buyers all coming out for a look to make sure that no one was going to actually buy the place.

hehe yes, very funny. These people, were doing a darned good impression of being genuinely interested in wanting to purchase too. Several were overheard asking the selling agent for a copy of the contract and a few during the previous week went to the trouble of ordering pest & building reports too. Looks like I get suckered in ......they must all be dummy bidder types, all paid by the agent to go and look interested to get the price up, that I am willing to pay.:D

Back