Property for Sale in South Hedland

Hello all,
I have a property for sale in South Hedland if anyone is interested. It is 678m. I am disappointed at selling it, but we have four and are finding the repayments plus the prospect of the cost of development, means we would be better off selling this one. We could then build on another without the need for a loan, then borrow against that and use the rental cash flow to build on the last 2.

We have already put the sewage and power to the block, and it is in nice part of South Hedland. It is located at 5 Ashburton St. I am going to list it with a local agent next week but I am able to sell privately too, according to our agreement. I am listing it at $180,000. The agents fees would be around $7080.

I think to be honest it will sell for around $165000 and the fees on that are $6720 or thereabouts.(after the 15% discount)

So if any of you want to enter this lucrative market, heres your chance.
Send me an email to [email protected]

cheers

Louise

Hi, do you mean a link to look at pictures etc? I do have some that a friend took for me when we purchased, as we couldnt get a flight plus accomodation together in Hedland. I will track them down. I havent listed it with the agent yet as I was waiting till this weekend to send all the paperwork off, plus we already missed this weekend's papers.

Try to look it up in googleearth. We did when buying it. At least you can see all the area around, infrastructure, shops etc.

It is a neat flat block with a fence ond neighbour on one side. I have the contact number of the neighbour on the other side....the one who bought for $140,000 last year. We were looking at merging the 2 blocks and doing a triplex. While technically theoretical, the council basically said that in practical terms it was unlikely. A normal house is what they want.

The accomodation crisis in Hedland is like Karratha. However Karatha has properties approaching a million dollars and rents are higher too. Having said that Hedland looks to be viable as both the export point for iron ore as well as for its position as a major port. The mining sector looks to be strong for a number of years yet. I dont think the the investment into housing by BHP et al will diminish the demand. The real estate agent has told us that as soon as we had a property available for rent that it would be tenanted.

In the recent ballot, FMG and BHP were both allocated a proportion of lots. The demand far outweighs supply however. By selling one block we will be able to build on the next, without borrowing much, maybe $40,000, and use the cash flow +++ to fund the next couple.

We may have an offer for you early next week Lousie.
And a plan to build all four simultaneously to get some economies of scale.
(Don't sign up that agent yet !!)

Kevin

Last edited:
Back