Are There any Investors in South Melbourne?

I am helping my friend to sell his 1bdr apartment in South Melbourne. This is a large apartment in the high quality building, just across the road from Albert Lake Park.

Somehow I am getting enquiries from owner-buyers only. But they are very precious about having a swimming pool and gym facilities in the building or white caesar stone kitchen bench tops. And they seem don't care that most new apartments are tiny-tiny, don't have a window in the bedroom, or that the bathroom can be accessed through a bedroom only.

When I was looking for my second investment property, I remember, that every mortgage broker, that I spoken to, told me, that I should avoid Sth Melbourne area as it is overdeveloped. But this suburb not in the "overdevelopment risk" list according to http://news.domain.com.au/domain/re...elbournes-middle-suburbs-20150318-1m1eoq.html .

I am wondering, is it the way we advertised it, that this apartment did not get any investor enquiries or is it South Melbourne itself not very popular with investors?

Last edited by a moderator:
Proactively contacting some buyers advocates to spruik the property may help, and may result in some valuable free advice about marketing the property to investors.

Back