Property Management Forum

Not sure whether this is where I should post this, but I'm having trouble with one thread on the Property Management forum. This thread is "There's a Leaf in my Gutter".

When I try to use the "View First Unread" button or the button to move to Page 2, all that happens is that the thing reverts/returns to post #1. Have tried a number of times, all with the same result! :confused:

Can anyone help, please????? :(

Cheers
LynnH

Strange ... works okay for me. Might be a browser issue - or perhaps a cache issue. Do you have any trouble navigating through any other threads ?

Give it a bit longer it may resolve itself.

I'll do a database check to make sure nothing is wrong at that end.

Thanks Sim.

No I have never had any trouble navigating through other threads before.

Have just tried it again, since there was a new post on the thread, and it is working "as advertised". So all is good again!

Thanks for your help! :)

Cheers
LynnH

I had the same thing happen this morning, though it was working fine yesterday and is again now. It was only that one thread.

I had the same think happen a couple of months back. I don't know if it was any particular forum, only that it was annoying. Worked properly the next day.

The problem occurred (for me) after steveadl's post (#16), then after Ausprop posted (#17) it was OK again. Maybe the 'gremlins' are having a little 'fun' with us? :)

Cheers
LynnH

I've had a similar issue. I think it depends on the "number of posts to show per page". I have mine set on 30 per page- and I have had a problem every now and then.

It may be dependant on the number of new posts vs the number per page.

Another similar problem today - this time with "Where to Buy" forum in the "$400,000" thread. At the bottom of page 2 there are 2 posts, one being a duplicate of the other. I cannot get onto page 3.

Geoff mentioned that it may depend on the setting for number of posts per page (thanks for that, Geoff) - but mine is set at whatever the default setting for the forum is - in fact, everything is set at whatever the default settings are (don't know how to change that :( ).

Any further suggestions, anyone???

Cheers
LynnH

that is quite strange....i had the same experience in the Where to Buy forum with the $400k thread, and I couldn't move to page 3.

I've deleted the duplicate post, and the post that was on page 3 has moved to page 2.

something for the webmaster to look at...

Thanks for that info, Joanna - I did suspect it might have something to do with the duplicate post, as both the threads that I had trouble with had duplicate posts near the end of the threads. Perhaps I should have mentioned that earlier, but not being terribly computer-literate, I assumed it was something that I was doing wrong.

Hopefully the gremlins have had all their fun for the year. :(

Cheers
LynnH

Another 'problem post' - this time it's "Where to Buy First House in Melbourne" in the "Where to Buy" forum. Same problem/s as last time, and this has been occurring since yesterday afternoon.

Any further suggestions??

Cheers
LynnH

Last edited:
I've fixed that thread by posting in it then deleting my post ... I can see the reason why it is a problem (reply count not getting updated), but not why it is being caused.

Please keep notifying me if you find problem threads - I'll see if I can find a pattern.

The people who write the forum software have made some suggestions on settings I could change to try and avoid this problem happening. We'll see if that helps - again, let me know if you find any other problem threads.

Sim

Another problem thread - this time it's "Do You Want Garlic Bread With That?" in the Coffee Lounge Forum ..... same problem as with the others: it's 'stuck' on page 2.

Cheers
LynnH

Back