Property management in WA

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good property manager in Perth. Not to bothered by price more looking for Good service to me and my tenants.

Thanks

Baz

I have used Genesis in leederville for the last 4 or 5 years. Overall I've been really happy. Not perfect and like most in perth on the expensive side but very professional, low turnover of staff, experienced, reliable etc. I'm yet to have a bad tenant. One was average but all others pretty good. I also have not had any of the horror stories you often hear

I'd recommend them, ask for robyn (owner) or wendy (senior property manager)

Baz - I have PMd you my PM :)

Hi Westminster,

do you mind PMing me your PM?

I just purchased first property in WA, current management has 8% plus GST plus all fees. When I add all fees on it turns into about 13.6%- I'm shocked at how expensive it is over here compared to the eastern coast!!

I'd second that request too westminster if you have a spare second. I'm looking at renting out my first IP in Bayswater in a month or so and I'm really interested in anywhere that comes reccomended.

Ill pm you mine also. Will give you a few options to see who you like.

Cheers

Hi Westminster,

do you mind PMing me your PM?

I just purchased first property in WA, current management has 8% plus GST plus all fees. When I add all fees on it turns into about 13.6%- I'm shocked at how expensive it is over here compared to the eastern coast!!

I had never given any thought to the difference in fees between States as I only have properties in Queensland, until we just had an article on it in our newsletter, and WA is by far the most expensive. The article is here if anyone is interested Charging landlords extra fees

Last edited:
Ill pm you mine also. Will give you a few options to see who you like.

Cheers

Very much appreciated HD Ace.

Can I ask (yourself, westminster and others), out of interest, why the 'secrecy'? Presumably we all opened this thread to find out what PManagers people recommended, but private messaging (whilst very helpful in its own right), hardly 'adds to the wealth of knowledge' on here? Don't take this as an attack, I'm genuinely interested why you'd prefer not to post.

I was thinking I posting the few firms who I have heard get repeated mentions in my searching of the forum, but now I'm wondering if that is the right thing to do?

Can I ask (yourself, westminster and others), out of interest, why the 'secrecy'? Presumably we all opened this thread to find out what PManagers people recommended, but private messaging (whilst very helpful in its own right), hardly 'adds to the wealth of knowledge' on here? Don't take this as an attack, I'm genuinely interested why you'd prefer not to post.

I was thinking I posting the few firms who I have heard get repeated mentions in my searching of the forum, but now I'm wondering if that is the right thing to do?

Maybe some people are a bit concerned that "recommending" a property manager will come back to bite them, even if only within a forum. It's a little like having a great experience at a restaurant so recommending it to all and sundry, someone at some stage will have, or will have had, a bad experience there. So just keeping directly to the person requesting may seem like a safer option.

That said, I think it's far more helpful to throw the name out there as it may draw some other experiences, and as long as they're genuine and balanced, it all goes towards people making informed judgements on products and services. Someone will always have had a bad experience somewhere, you just hope the good experiences outweigh the bad.

No secret really - I have mentioned who I use a few times in the past - it is Realmark Premier in Gwelup.

I have on occassion been given a referral gift card from them in the past but I don't refer for that bonus. If I PM you about them I usually hand over my name so that you can say "I was recommended by XX" in the hope they give you a little bit extra service etc.

I would be mortified if anyone didn't get good customer service from them.

No secret. Just a more personal reply.

I use clare from momentum wealth. Top notch service. Investor focussed. And will manage all over perth so if you have wide portfolio in perth it makes things alot easier. And she cares which makes the difference.

Cheers

Thanks all!

Well then for the benefit of the wider forumites, the few firms which I have seen recommend the most (a few times or more) on this and other forums (yes, I'm a cheater!) would be:

House Smart (Alan)
Investor Edge
Momentum Wealth
Harcourts Maylands

Please feel free to pipe in if you've had a good/bad/indifferent experience with any of these guys, or add another one to the list (or the avoid list).

Thanks all!

Well then for the benefit of the wider forumites, the few firms which I have seen recommend the most (a few times or more) on this and other forums (yes, I'm a cheater!) would be:

House Smart (Alan)
Investor Edge
Momentum Wealth
Harcourts Maylands

Please feel free to pipe in if you've had a good/bad/indifferent experience with any of these guys, or add another one to the list (or the avoid list).
I wouldn't be recommending a list of agents to use unless you personally recommend them. Quite often I've noticed people recommending there own company, or using another username and there only posts are recommending PM services which clearly indicates they are advertising there own services.

Thanks all!

House Smart (Alan)
Investor Edge
Momentum Wealth
Harcourts Maylands

Stay away from harcourts may lands. They stuffed up massively for a friend recently and did nothing to help her

Thanks all!

House Smart (Alan)
Investor Edge
Momentum Wealth
Harcourts Maylands

I use Limnios in North Perth and give them a thumbs up. They we actually recommended as selling agents by Momentum and I was happy with the service they gave so used the as PM's.

Blacky

Stay away from harcourts may lands. They stuffed up massively for a friend recently and did nothing to help her

+1

I used to have a couple of properties with them.
Never again.
They set a new benchmark in appalling service and incompetence.

I wouldn't be recommending a list of agents to use unless you personally recommend them. Quite often I've noticed people recommending there own company, or using another username and there only posts are recommending PM services which clearly indicates they are advertising there own services.

Valid point INVSTOR, although I hope it didn't appear that I was 'recommending' anyone, given I was pretty clear about just passing on what I have seen myself on the forum.

Definitely wary of each and every post recommending anything (!) and my own bull***** radar has played a part in the above mentioned list. That being said, there isn't a huge amount of current recommendations on SS or similar forums so I have to admit the 'top' four I have decided to investigate further have only received 2-4 nods each. Hence the value of this thread. I'd encourage people to share their experiences and lets 'celebrate' the good PM's and warn against those that don't deserve our time/money.

In the meantime i'm meeting a few myself over the next week so interested to see how that goes.

+1

I used to have a couple of properties with them.
Never again.
They set a new benchmark in appalling service and incompetence.

Interestingly enough of the four outfits I have contacted, Harcourts have been by far the worst at returning my phone calls etc. Always a worrying sign IMO. If they aren't even on the ball when there is a possible new client to be won, how will they act once they already have your guaranteed business!

Interestingly enough of the four outfits I have contacted, Harcourts have been by far the worst at returning my phone calls etc. Always a worrying sign IMO. If they aren't even on the ball when there is a possible new client to be won, how will they act once they already have your guaranteed business!

In this market they should be pestering you for your bussiness not the otherway round.

When i was doing the rounds i had about 3 or 4 who didnt follow up on my visits to their office or my phone calls. So didnt bother with them.
It wont get any better when your their client.

Cheers

Back