Property Manager - Mandurah area

Hi All
can anyone recommend a good property manager. Someone has mentioned Acton, however they are charging 13%, a bit steep I think.

Thanks, MTR

Hi Ausprop
Great. Bad enough that the rents are c$$p.

I would manage it myself but last time I tried this it was a disaster. I dont want to deal with tenants, I think you know what I am getting at.

Cheers, MTR

How can an entire town's property managers be hopeless?

That's funny! I was talking to a real estate agent last week who was saying he could put me onto a good property manager that was passionate about what he does, not his agency that was 5 minutes away from property, another unrelated agency 15 minutes away. I think a lot of agencies don't care they are hopeless.

I use Seachange Realty. I have had no problems, the rent roll is split between 4 agents. They have continually exceeded my thoughts on rent increases, and I have always had quality tenants.

Me too.... SeaChange, Maxine absolutely brilliant, they only do rentals.
I have used some duds in the area, but these are known for doing a great job and I can confirm this is correct.

I use Maxine also.
They had been previously recommended to me.

I like her because she does not take c..p and there are plenty of hard cases in Mandurah unfortunately.

I can give you a list of property managers that no one should use, but sadly that list will pretty much cover the majority of PM in Mandurah.

Hi to anyone who could help, I'm just bumping this thread up.

Does anyone have an updated recommendation for a property manager in Mandurah? Are they still all no good as mentioned above? I have contacted Seachange for a quote as per the comments above thank you :)

Looks like you have got a recommendation.
Delete clauses from the agent's contract with you that are biased towards the agent and against you. (For example: termination, payment of fees after termination)
No matter who you use ensure you manage the agent carefully.
Read the residential tenancy act and get educated on all matters relating to your investment.
Study the monthly statements you get from the agent. If you don't understand something then work on it / study it / research it until you do.

I actually gave Maxine a call back when the recommendations were made and I have to say I didn't end up signing her up as my PM. At the time I was still looking for a property and as I live interstate, I asked if she would be open to taking a look at one property I had shortlisted, obviously with the understanding that when I buy, I'd enlist her as the pm . Suffice to say she wasn't open to the idea, didn't return calls/email etc. I have done this successfully in QLD on two occasions so was surprised when it didn't work out with someone who was recommended as a good pm, perhaps she just misunderstood what I was trying to achieve? Don't know.

In any case I have a good pm now, happy to recommend - Rochelle at Mandurah First National. Quite proactive, took care of things before I had a chance to ask and took the time during regular inspections to take photos of the duplex build we were doing in the back yard. Also turned up for the PCI inspection and will do a follow up for us once the builder is finished fixing issues. I didn't ask for any of this, all her suggestions. There were a bunch of other issues during the build which affected the tenant in the front house, but she sorted it all out quickly each time. Now if only I could clone her and bring her to Tassie...:rolleyes:

Try Donna at Home 2 Home Realty in Rockingham.

Say that Sash sent you. She will charge 11% flat rate...all inclusive.
[/B]
Hi All
can anyone recommend a good property manager. Someone has mentioned Acton, however they are charging 13%, a bit steep I think.

Thanks, MTR

Back