Property Valuer

I have being thinking of getting into this area of employment, as a Property valuer.

Is it difficult to find a property valuer in Melbourne (or any other areas) as I have being told there is a shortage of valuers.

Whats your view on property valuers, ie how much did you need to pay to have a property valued?

Yes am interested in this too..

Just dont want to go back to 3-4 years of uni at this stage of life. Having a search on seek.com, lots of them require a business degree or equivalent.

Anyone know if you can become a valuer by doing a diploma or whether there is any other way of getting in?

A mate of mine works at CBRE and told me that lots of the valuers are earning 100k incomes. Not sure how accurate that is as he works in a different department.

I paid $300 plus GST to get a valuation done (not bank valuation), not sure what the valuers cut is, if any. He was there for about 15 mins and actually walked inside the house which was a BONUS.

I have heard there is a shortage especially with commercial valuers.

It is apparently a very skilled discipline that can take some years to master, hence the high wages offered.

Back