proposed sub-division heathridge w.a

hey guys i was just wandering if it possible to get come sort of map for a suberb(heathridge W.A) proposed for subdivision in the where it marks out the areas able to do so....how would i get this infomation? would i have to contact the shire of joondalup?

Hi Tyrone,

You may want to read up on subdivisions and talk to the council in regard to the process of what is involved in a subdivsion. Your question indicates that you may not be aware of the process.

Council should be able to point you in the direction of maps giving you the zoning of all the areas (hard copies or online).

You will then need to read the planning scheme of the local council (hard copies or online). You may be required to pay for these if on hardcopy.

If a block of land meets the criteria of the planning scheme then it can be subdivided.

You may need to take into account:

Lot size
Slope of block
Sewer pipes
Power to site
Exhisting dwellings
Setback distances of buildings to property lines

Generally council will not commit themselves to saying a lot can be subdivided until you go down the lines of submitting an application. For that reason you will find it hard to find maps in any area where X will mark the spot you can subdivide.

Speaking to local surveyors, town planners and council staff will give you more information to what lot may meet the criteria of the planning scheme.

If you go down that path it is always best to have the knowledge of what you can do for yourself. Relying on information from a third party " yeah you can subdivide that " might cost you money once at assessment stage if you do not meet the criteria.

Cheers,

Fourex.

Back