Purchased a Dud, what would you do?

So far Plumber, I have received two quotes, both are at about the same price so I hope the rental agent isn't playing games.

post 17 is the first quote and 19 the second.

yesterday I was told that the tenant wants to move out early Jan, but now want's to stay for another 6 months, that’s good news for me. Funny how things work in this game, I was first told the tenant signed a 12 month lease, as what I requested, but then yesterday was told its 6 months. How can agents get away with saying one thing then doing something else? Maybe I should request a copy of the lease document.

Maybe next time I'm in Brisbane (January) I'll arrange for a plumber to give me a new quote and talk me through the process. There may be other options that haven't been considered. Is a Plumber the only person that carries out this type of work or is there other trades, can anyone recommend someone to assist, I'm not looking for the cheapest quote, just someone that can do the job without coming back latter down the track
Just looking at those plans,you could always try 4-6 cubic mts of gravel
and have a bobcat spread it over the lower back yard section and see if that makes it any more workable,if it is a low flood prone area just make sure you are covered for flood..

correction on my numbers

I just looked at my number again and read something wrong.
Cost after income and expense

2010 $13,400 (which included $5800 BA, and borrowing cost $3,500) Paid retainer of BA in 2009
2011 $15,990 ( Replace aircon and electrical work, borrowing cost $3,500)
2012 $8,500 (Borrow cost $3,500, new oven soon)

Would love to take the BA to court, but at the end of the day, I agreed to it and I signed the dotted line:(

I have visit the property, but it was nice and dry day and didn't see any flood problems, however, I could see where the water was coming from, all the neighbors have higher land compared to mine, therefore all excessive rain water heads down hill and come into my property. I have had a couple of quotes, 10k to fix the problems and this includes a electrical pump to pump the water out of the pit up to the road drain. I did suggest a sock-well, but dealing with Property managers can be challenge.

At this stage I haven't done any work on the drainage, maybe I should look into it when I get a new tenants, the existing tenant wanted two weeks rent free if I did the work, they said it would disturb there lifestyle:eek:

But at the moment, I'm putting as much money as I can in the offset account to reduce the interest cost, and get the property to a positive gearing. Seems to me I'll loose too much if I sell at the moment, if I knew I could make money by selling at a loss then re-enter the market and purchase a very good deal, I would probable do it. But the problem is that I'm working overseas and spend very little time in Australia

Back