Purchasing in VIC - Frankston Area

I'm not from Franskston so not aware of a lot of things
a 3br 750 sq m house in Taketa Crescent
asking 300K

What should I do ? (what would you do ?)

Pass on the property. IMHO. :)

I know Frankston/Langwarrin real estate really well and had a house in that Karingal area of Frankston a while ago. Not far from Taketa Crescent.

There's far better options for you at the $300K price point at the moment then a house in Karingal, (especially if you'd ever want to live there.)

Look at Marylands area across Cranbourne road. A world apart.

Look at Langwarrin area. Even better again.

Taketa Cres in my opinion is one of the best location in Karingal due to its proximity to the shopping centre and parks.

Harris

Good to hear a positive post, thanx Harris
but as it stands now, I might just pass it
While I agree that close to Karingal Hub is a great location (from the properties I saw on 17th anyways), I don't wanna buy too close to any freeway, since I might plan on living there someday !

Cheers
AB

Frankston Heights

We are finding Frankston Sth a little out of reach at this point in time. Look foward to Harris's comments. We have approx 100k equity in Seaford and are financed to about 300k, hence the area. Any thoughts on the growth potential of this area?

Cheers

Anybody here .. maybe Harris can shed some light on this:-

I'm not from Franskston so not aware of a lot of things
a 3br 750 sq m house in Taketa Crescent
asking 300K

I put an offer in @290K but just realized (another agent told me ) that its 100m from the proposed bypass !!

What should I do ? (what would you do ?)
I'd like to add it is a well maintained 3br and highly likely to sell (agent told me he had another simialr offer after me)
Is too close to freeway a really bad thing ?
Would I have problems renting it / selling it ?

Still to hear from the agent ..

Taketa Crescent look to be fairly close to where the proposed Freeway will go in. I know when I was originally looking to buy in Frankston in 2005 I investigated Taketa Crescent. I decided not to buy there because I thought it would be too close to the proposed freeway. The real estate agent at the time thought that the freeway wouldn't be completed for many more years. (But real estate agents can say anything!).

I did buy in Karingal. Close to the Hub. Great facilities there as well as public transport, parks, schools etc.

Regards Jason.

im stuffed! ... im living in fr.north next to the pines reserve! ... so im gonna be 80 meters from the freeway .. thats not good for the value of my house mmmm

is it still rentable? i think i could afford to buy something in seaford maybe a 2 story townhouse or something.

#**@)(*@*@ progress , and as per other peoples history .... the realestate guy told me .. ahh it wont be build for another 25-30 yrs well they also said that frankston wouldnt gain any value until 2011 soo they were wrong on both accounts. i dont mind a bit of traffic as long as it isnt too noisy ... and what about health issues with all these new cars so close to my house .... really not happy jan!

regards

GG Jr.

Taketa Cr. debacle behind me , looking for a fresh view of the area
While Karingal seems great with SC,Parks,Schools & (3k to beach ?)
how does Langwarrin compare for a 3br house strictly from an Investor's viewpoint ?
From what I can see, its currently 10% less than Karingal . and as already mentioned in the thread, houses are decent (not as shabby as some really old ones' in Karingal)
Any future prospects near Langwarrin ..?

i think langwarrin should be good, quite new housing over there, if i have spare $$ i will be buying there. prices over there are quite expensive as well.

cheers

Hi All,

Can I get a consensus as to the following:

Is Langwarrin actually part of the Frankston area? Is it used in the same terms of reference when Frankston is discussed in this thread?
Will Langwarrin actually benefit from the Eastlink completion or is it too far from the action?

Rupert Murdoch's mum owns a farm there and Rupert himself visits her there on occasion. Rupert out on the town in Frankston? Now I've heard it all!

i think langwarrin should be good, quite new housing over there, if i have spare $$ i will be buying there. prices over there are quite expensive as well.

cheers

Hi guys, I think Langwarrin has long been overlooked by
property forecasters. I really like the overall leafy ambience of the area. There are certain properties and there gardens on the South side of Cranbourne Road between Cruden farm and Warrandyte Road that catch my eye every time I drive past, and the area behind is very nice. The only negative/positive thing I see about the area is the infrastructure (not sure which is good or bad)
that Frankston offers. In my opinion, I think Langwarrin
would have appeal to a lot of families/couples but because of the low profile of the area, many people woudn't know
or heard of Langwarrin.

Hi All,

Can I get a consensus as to the following:

Is Langwarrin actually part of the Frankston area?
A:Its a suburb of Frankston
Is it used in the same terms of reference when Frankston is discussed in this thread?
A: Probably not
Will Langwarrin actually benefit from the Eastlink completion or is it too far from the action?
A1: Eastlink will offer Langwarrin benefits, but the real
winner will be the bypass

Rupert Murdoch's mum owns a farm there and Rupert himself visits her there on occasion. Rupert out on the town in Frankston? Now I've heard it all!
A: Why not? Dame Elisabeth Murdoch and the Murdoch
name is highly respected in the area, schools, galleries and
community orientated organisations are beneficed from
there generosity.

Hi guys, I think Langwarrin has long been overlooked by
property forecasters.

The only negative/positive thing I see about the area is the infrastructure (not sure which is good or bad)
that Frankston offers. In my opinion, I think Langwarrin
would have appeal to a lot of families/couples but because of the low profile of the area, many people woudn't know
or heard of Langwarrin.

Frankston has had hysterical activity and swelling property values lately due to it suddenly appearing on radar as an affordable, beachside suburb with excellent infrastructure and great connectivity options with new Eastlink.

Green tree lined streets are good for overall appeal however there are plenty of those in areas like Warrandyte (around 25 kms from city and acre prop still available for $500k), same with Research (around 30 kms) however doesnt have infrastructure, beach or transport. I would put Langwarrin in the same category; good area appeal however thats about it.

Perhaps down the track when Frankston values have appreciated another 20-30%, Langwarrin will benefit with the ripple effect. I dont see any other stimuli triggering any short term prop value movement in Langwarrin.

Harris

I agree Harris, and Warrandyte has the yarra and Research
has alternative life stylers. I know people who live in
Wonga Park (Hartley Rd - the new money), fantastic leafy area, multi hectre sites, isolation, no infrastructure, mansions etc... and its just the way they like it,

Langwarrin is not on the same playing field as Wonga Park, but the leafy isolation will attract, but with no stampede.

However, I do believe that the infrastructure link between Frankston, Cranbourne, Berwick improves over the coming years the leafy isolation of langwarrin will be diminished and property values maybe tarnished.

SS

Langwarrin is a more expensive area then Frankston (excluding Frankston South), according to the stats, and from my research from living/ buying and selling in the area.

Langwarrin is often mentioned in property reports as the suburb to buy in, and is a preferred option for families as PPOR, and still 10mins to Frankston (and the beach), which unfairly still carries a stigma to it's name.

Langwarrin is also a 40 min easy freeway drive into Melbourne city, and has some very expensive housing, due to acreage blocks surrounding it.

For an investor, which I'm not, Frankston certainly is the up and coming area to buy into and constantly talked about as THE spot to buy, but the surrounding suburbs such as Langwarrin and Seaford will benefit too, especially for those wanting a safe family atmosphere in which to live.

Some great information about Langwarrin !
I can see the comparisons to Warrandyte & Research ,and do agree that as an investment Langwarrin might lack a bit in rent & CG as compared to Frankston

A couple of auctions coming this Saturday in Frankston, so I'll keep my eyes open !
While also looking at a few opens in Langwarrin

Cheers
AB

We are finding Frankston Sth a little out of reach at this point in time. Look foward to Harris's comments. We have approx 100k equity in Seaford and are financed to about 300k, hence the area. Any thoughts on the growth potential of this area?

Cheers

Hey wigwam,
Sorry - I'm not Harris but IMO you are definitely on the right track. Frankston Heights gets my vote after Frankston South - It's just on the other side of the highway but still close to amenities, very close to Monash, excellent little shopping strip of its own and much appeal as an area to live in. I have noticed some strong prices in Heatherhill Rd lately & I would stay off this road myself but there are some lovely streets right near it. Most of Frankston Heights is well established as it's one of the older estates. My impression is also that it's more of an owner-occupied area than some others so IMO I would also rather live there as a renter too. :)

Langwarrin is a more expensive area then Frankston (excluding Frankston South), according to the stats, and from my research from living/ buying and selling in the area.

Langwarrin is often mentioned in property reports as the suburb to buy in, and is a preferred option for families as PPOR, and still 10mins to Frankston (and the beach), which unfairly still carries a stigma to it's name.

Langwarrin is also a 40 min easy freeway drive into Melbourne city, and has some very expensive housing, due to acreage blocks surrounding it.

For an investor, which I'm not, Frankston certainly is the up and coming area to buy into and constantly talked about as THE spot to buy, but the surrounding suburbs such as Langwarrin and Seaford will benefit too, especially for those wanting a safe family atmosphere in which to live.

Fair points oneuppmanship. BUT!
40min to the city - crikey mate!

Back