QLD - Recommendations for Conveyancer - QLD selling process

Any recommendations for a conveyancer in the Runcorn/Sunnybank area?

I am interstate at the moment and this is my first sale of my property...am i right in saying that commissions and marketing costs are fixed??

I am interstate at the moment and this is my first sale of my property...am i right in saying that commissions and marketing costs are fixed??

No they are all negotiable. You can get a vendors advocate to do it and manage the process for you and they get paid by the agent or just ring around a few and look on the net and see who has all the listings and see who you like and what fees they will drop for you.

I use Ruddy Tomlin and Baxter for all my conveyancing in QLD regardless of area, they are in Bowen, Alicia Fletcher or Jenny Fitch are both great.

Good luck

Hi pking.

In QLD, the agent's selling commission is capped at a maximum of 5% of the first $18,000.00 plus 2.5% of the remaining balance (+ GST)

This is a maximum and some agents may be willing to negotiate down.

Marketing/advertising is separate and is not capped. You can spend whatever you want.

Many agencies (us included) will offer free standard advertising (all the websites and photos) but will pass on the costs of extra things like floorplans and virtual tours if you choose.

As for a solicitor to look after your conveyancing - I use Chris Emery from Access Solicitors (he's a solicitor - not just a registered conveyancer) at work and also for my personal transactions. He's very good.

You don't need to look for a local conveyancer as everything is done via fax and they don't need to visit the property or the agent. Use a QLD one though as the law is state specific.

Matt.

Back