QLD's bread and butter properties

What do people see as QLD's bread and butter properties for under 250-300k?

Would be looking for something like a 3 bedroom house with a rental yield of 6-7% (could be a possibility of a cheap reno) with low vacancy rates and a prosperous future where you could expect capital growth in the medium to long term. I would be looking for an area that is expected to have a significant increase in population and an expected undersupply of housing in the future. I do not want to invest in a town where mining is the key driver for the local economy.

So far I have been thinking the following:

- Toowoomba
- Townsville
- Logan
- Ipswich

With the QLD property market performing really poorly for the last few years. It makes me wonder if there are these promising bread and butter properties in QLD that are showing similar potential to say in NSW - the western sydney corridor? Or are most people sticking with NSW or even WA.

Here is a house just down the road from a few of my IP's...

Has most of the work done for it, tho needs a new kitchen IMHO, the rest of the house is fine (personally have walked through it the other day while painting my IP on the same street)

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-currajong-107618952

Pros:

Close to small but very busy little shopping centre.
Close to Cinema
Close to Industrial area

Cons:

Close to a bunch of units (a lot of these have been slowly been reno tho)
Old suburb
Rates in Townsville are high
Has a pool (I see this another on going expense - some ppl might find this a pro)

Over all this property could be a great little buy, I would consider it myself just need to get some finances in place before I got offering on any more property atm...

Back