Qualities of Multi-Millionaire Property Investors

I did a search and discoved that someone put a post on this forum about a book which we recently published. So I felt the need to contribute something. Below is an article which I trust you'll find useful...Regards, Dale

The Essential Qualities of Multi-Millionaire Property Investors

By Dale Beaumont and Colin B. Fragar
Authors of ‘Secrets of Property Millionaires Exposed!’
http://www.SecretsExposed.com.au

Ever wondered why some investors achieve extraordinary success, while others struggle to make the grade? Why some investors attract an abundance of great opportunities, while others are still out there looking?

A new book titled ‘Secrets of Property Millionaires Exposed!’ takes people up-close and personal with eleven of the country’s most successful property investors, including John Fitzgerald, Hans Jakobi, Ed Chan, Dymphna Boholt, Gordon Green, Craig Turnbull and others. In a surprisingly candid way each contributor shares their own unique wealth strategy and dozens of hints and tips from years of experience.

The following ten (10) points are the authors’ perspective of those personal qualities and attributes that all multi-millionaire property investors have in common.

1. A Strong Desire – Successful investors have a strong desire to achieve their goals. They are not willing to compromise on their dreams and tend to be people that won’t settle for a mediocre life. They understand the importance of building wealth, not for the sake of having more money, but for the lifestyle, time and choices it brings. For example, one of the people in the book, Dymphna Boholt, was at a low point in her life where she’d just gone through a divorce and had two hungry mouths to feed. Her wish to spend time with her kids and provide them with a good upbringing fuelled her desire and drove her to achieve great heights.

2. Think Abundance – Every one of the people that was interviewed in the book had an abundance mindset. They are of the belief that opportunities are always there and if they remain positive and optimistic, life will attract to them what they need. In fact, a number of them commented on their belief that the deal of a lifetime comes around once a week. So if you miss an opportunity, keep your chin up, because another deal is waiting just around the corner.

3. Be Committed to a Strategy – Many of the millionaires commented that the biggest mistake they see new investors make is that they try to execute too many strategies at once. As a result of chopping and changing, they lose focus, have fewer results and at worst withdraw from property investing entirely. So take the time to devise a well thought out plan and then stick with it long enough to see it bear fruit.

4. Great Communication Skills – Multi-millionaire property investors understand the fact that real estate is ultimately a people business! While the properties themselves may be inanimate objects, the people that own them, and the people around them are real people with feelings and emotions. That is why it’s important to treat people with respect and listen to their needs. News travels fast in property and your reputation is key.

5. Action Orientated – This is where the rubber hits the road. High achievers understand there is time for setting goals and developing plans, but then it’s time for action. They know that when all is said and done, most talk but few do. High achievers take deliberate daily actions to ensure that they’re continually moving forward and if an obstacle comes up they are quick to make a decision. It is a fact that anything worthwhile in life does not happen by accident. You must go after it and make it happen.

6. Take Responsibility – People who make a real success of property investing take responsibility for everything that happens to them. They resist the urge of blaming others for their circumstances. For example if one of their properties becomes vacant for two months, they take the responsibility, rather than blaming the property manager, and become proactive about finding a tenant.

7. Focused on the Team – Highly successful investors have all come to the realisation that you can’t do everything on your own. That’s why they’re committed to finding and keeping the best people to work with.

8. Have an Ability to Bounce Back – Challenges and obstacles are part of any worthwhile journey. Successful investors understand this and have developed a special ability to express resilience when times are tough. There’s a Japanese proverb which says, ‘fall down seven times, get up eight’.

9. Committed to Continual Growth – The only certainty in property is that things will never stay the same. That’s why each of the people interviewed for the book are committed to broadening their knowledge base. They advocate the importance of knowing what’s happening in the market and being aware of new issues that might affect them now or in the future.

10. Celebrate Your Success – There is one more quality of successful property millionaires, and that is they celebrate their successes and reward themselves for their achievements. There are a lot of people who are not happy because they haven’t mastered this particular quality. So go on, get out there and enjoy the journey!!

‘Secrets of Property Millionaires Exposed!’ is available now in all good bookstores or can be purchased from: http://www.SecretsExposed.com.au

Hope that you enjoyed the article!!!

Dale,

Welcome to the forums. :)

Obviously that's just a shameless plug for your new book, but having said that, it looks good! I think investor pshychology is one of the most important aspects of investing success overall. It contributes a lot more than does any particular "tricks" or "strategies". If you've got the right mindset then you build the right strategies for the current marke conditions and your personal situation, then constantly expand and improve them.

Might be worth adding to my library. I'm still just a junior investor, but this is exactly the sort of personal attributes that I try to embody. I have always argued the importance of an abundance mentality as well as dogged resilience in the face of adversity.

Hope you stick around and become an active contributor to the forum.

Cheers,
Michael.

Welcome to the forum Dale.

Nice to know you've found the best property forum in OZ;)

No one minds a shamelss plug , as long as the person plugging contributes something to the forum.

I've read the book and I found it well worth it. Congratulations.

See Change

PS is there any way you can post Neil Jenman's letter . ?? I'd love to know what he thought about a book promoting property investing.

Hi Dale,

Can you tell us a bit about how you have implemented the ideas in your book with respect to property investing.

Cheers

Not just property multi-millionaires

Welcome Dale.

Those attributes I guess are common to all highly successful people.

Think of rather different endevours such as entertainment, the military, business, agriculture, religion, sport, health, politics, etc.

I reckon all of the super succesful people would match those qualities.

regards,

got a "tick" x 9
#3 working on it. to much chopping and changing in the past to my detriment. however, have learnt that do need to change within my strategy depending on the market at the time.

looks a good read - will buy!:D

Thanks for the welcome

Hi there,

Thank you everyone for welcoming me to the Forum.

Glad to hear that the article was well rececived and thanks to those that have already purchase the book.

I am quite new to forum's, but have have just about got the hang of it so I am going to add more content over the next couple of weeks.

Concerning my own investing, I have released three books in the last five months, so that has taken every spare cent and whipped out my cash-flow. However, come May-June, my outlay will be recouped and from there I am going to be entering the market.

If anyone has any ideas on other article ideas, please let me know.

Regards,

Dale Beaumont
http://www.SecretsExposed.com.au

g'day

Its a good excercise but i would have to say that i bet there are hundreds of property millionaires with very few of these attributes. Desire and action are the 2 biggies i definatley agree with

one more

the foresight to reinvest profits back into the investment. Ie dont waste what you earn. The greeks and italians are good at this. No real change in lifestyle but all of a sudden they have 4 properties, the kids are going to Xavier college and driving new bmw's for their 21st birthdays.

I reckon most property millionaires have never been to a property workshop or even read a book on property investing. They just have an unwavering (sometime misplaced) belief in bricks and mortar.

I think one of the most important qualities that any millionaire investor has is patience and the forsight to have delayed gratification . I think the reason that such a small perecentage of property invetors become succesful is because they dont stick to it and tend to spend their gains whilist not building up their porfolio. As mentiond earlier alot of the itialian and other immigrants are very good at saving and putting away to build a bigger porfolio. Their are many examples of italian / greek families who have emigrated and had an average job but have been able to put away consistentantly and build a decent porfolio.

aussierogue said:
Its a good excercise but i would have to say that i bet there are hundreds of property millionaires with very few of these attributes. Desire and action are the 2 biggies i definatley agree with

one more
I'd agree that many property millionaires have only a few of those attributes. I'd say I have #1, #5, #6 & #9, and a a fair bit of #3, but not particularly strong on the rest.

Maybe a poll of who has those attributes (and any others) would be interesting.......

I'd say a v. important attribute of most property millionaires is the ability to take a long term view.

KJ

Quibble about the details of which of these attributes and how much are required, but I reckon it's a bloody good list and investors need to consider their own performance in these areas.

Better yet, get someone else to assess you - we see ourselves with blinkers.

Improve your performance in any of these areas and you're likely to become a better investor.

Well posted Dale, and I hope you aren't too wrung out after that intense writing period.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hello Dale,

I'd like to add my belated welcome to our Forum. I hope you like it here :)

If you have some time, can you comment on how many of these property millionaires have invested through more than just the current cycle and what they may be doing now with regards positioning themselves for the next step.

Hearing what they've done is inspiring. Seeing how they prepare for the future and digging into their thought processes might be enlightening.

Thank you in advance and welcome again.

Regards,

Kenny

Hi Dale,

Welcome to the forum.

There is one thing I have to add.
Successful property investors are not only investing in property but in other investment categories. Property is great way to make wealth, but there are other ways to make as much if not more money. That being said, keep your eyes open, and not only for real estate, but for businesses, shares and other investment deals.

Cheers
Panic

hi Dale - reminds me alot of the millionaire next door series - all good points another I would add is the ability to maintain a strong relationships with spouse or significant other. Or spouse selection in general. I think I read that most deca millionaire had only married once and maintained a lifestyle that is significantly cheaper to maintain than one would think. Typically they bought their large family estates a few months after a major stock market correction when this end of the market bottoms.

hi dale
and welcome.
I would add vision as a very important one to add thats vision to see a property and how you can add value or take cash out.

vision to see if the area is going to grow or a new infrastructure is due.

but most of all vision to see where you want to be and plan to get there with regard to congratulating yourself this happens once you get to your destination and part of the plan is that destination.
I think that a lot of millionaires get there because they plan to get there and thats not just with real estate.

If you look at real estate as a business and work on your business you will achieve great wealth.

I like your list and have never been to a paid investment seminar nor am I big buyer of books but will have a look.
Its good to see different people views and thats why I like the forums I don't get to read them as much as I would like.

Back