Quantity Surveyor in Bunbury

I was looking at getting a QS to do a depreciation schedule on a house in Bunbury. Does anyone have any suggestions on someone good to deal with their and the likely price. Will Perth QS's do this?

Cheers

SB

I was looking at getting a QS to do a depreciation schedule on a house in Bunbury. Does anyone have any suggestions on someone good to deal with their and the likely price. Will Perth QS's do this?

Cheers

SB

I'd recommend getting in contact with Depreciator, he's provided a lot of free advice on the forum and if you search his name on the forum you can see many glowing reviews of his service. I believe that he would have staff over there. If not, he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for your replies. The other question i suppose is how does the job vary between different QS's? Do they usually gave a similar result?

Thanks for your replies. The other question i suppose is how does the job vary between different QS's? Do they usually gave a similar result?

Every firm will get you a different result. Depreciation is not an exact science, being based around estimates in most cases. So, the main areas of difference are:

* The results you get. Is a firm using safe conservative values or are they taking the time to research what is achievable as a maximum for each asset? Research takes time and effort to make sure a firm is getting you the most for your dollar. In some cases the results can vary by thousands of dollars in deductions yearly.

* How comprehensive is the report? Are all 40 years included? Both DV and PC methods of depreciating? Low value pooling?

* The level of service. What is the turnaround time? What if adjustments need to be made in future? How much of the process will you need to do yourself? Will they liaise with your accountant and property manager, etc., to provide you with a service that's tailored to you?

* What level of inspection is required? Do they include common areas?

That's just off the top of my head. It is something that seems much of a muchness on face value but it pays to do your research.

If you have any other questions I'm happy to help!

Back