Quantity Surveyors

Hi

anyone got experience and thoughts about quantity surveyors on IP?

i've been looking around to see if i can get a quantity surveyor to do a couple of reports of some properties i've sold as it would be more tax effective in the long run.

Hi

anyone got experience and thoughts about quantity surveyors on IP?

i've been looking around to see if i can get a quantity surveyor to do a couple of reports of some properties i've sold as it would be more tax effective in the long run.

I have lots of experience and thoughts about QS because I am one (well, technically I am a Cost Manager, but it is pretty much the same thing)! hahaha...

Jcwc888, are your properties in Melbourne? Also, have you ever got someone to do a TDS for you before???

What sort of advice were you looking for? TDS fees? how a typical TDS is done? A good QS firm???

Also, for those that don't know, a QS can prepare indicative TDS which is far cheaper than an actual TDS, although the catch is the QS firm would tell you to get stuffed if you only want one (it is really for developers who wants a stack of them to market their apartments etc...)

I have lots of experience and thoughts about QS because I am one (well, technically I am a Cost Manager, but it is pretty much the same thing)! hahaha...

Jcwc888, are your properties in Melbourne? Also, have you ever got someone to do a TDS for you before???

What sort of advice were you looking for? TDS fees? how a typical TDS is done? A good QS firm???

Also, for those that don't know, a QS can prepare indicative TDS which is far cheaper than an actual TDS, although the catch is the QS firm would tell you to get stuffed if you only want one (it is really for developers who wants a stack of them to market their apartments etc...)

Interested to know more. PM me. My properties are in melbourne.

Jcw,
The problem will be that a QS will have to get inside your properties to do the job properly and you mentioned you have sold them.
Scott

Jcw,
The problem will be that a QS will have to get inside your properties to do the job properly and you mentioned you have sold them.
Scott

hahaha...true, and you and I depreciator have probably experienced real estate agents who cbf organising a time for the QS to inspect the property! Who could blame them??? It can be such a drainer.

Yes, if the properties have sold and settled, access is dependant on the new owner. If that new owner is an investor, too, they might split the cost with the previous owner and they would both get a Schedule - with recalibrated Asset values for the new owner.
Scott

Yes, if the properties have sold and settled, access is dependant on the new owner. If that new owner is an investor, too, they might split the cost with the previous owner and they would both get a Schedule - with recalibrated Asset values for the new owner.
Scott

Not yet settled. end of Nov - that's why the i'm searching now.

Back