Question about an instantaneous hot water system

I need to replace a hot water system on my IP. The unit is 5 years old and dripping water. This is a small unit that you install on the outside wall and run on electricity (not gas).
What is the brand to go for? Currently is everdure and cost $590 to replace.
I am looking for a reliable but not too expensive system since I might sell the place one day.

Thanks.

What is the brand to go for? Currently is everdure and cost $590 to replace.

Being an electrician by trade, IMHO Everdure is the best electric instantaneous HWS. Its advantage over the other common Electra brand is that you only pay for electricity to heat it up when you turn the hot water tap on.

This is because the everdure systems have a switch inside them that senses water flow and then switches electricity to the heating elements to heat the water.

With the Electra brand it has thermostats in the tank that switches electricity to the heating elements, then when the tank gets to the set temperature switches power off again. Even when you are not using any hot water yourself you are paying for electricity to run it.

Plus you dont need to modify the pipe work to fit another brand.

Hope this helps.

working in the plumbing industry i know lots about hwu's.

instantaneous are great heaters, and are alot more efficient with energy use then your normal storage hot water unit. the benefits being that it takes up less room, uses less power to run and tend to last longer. the only downfall is that they are more expensive then you're conventional storage hwu to setup.

Thanks for the advise guys.
I will stick with everdure. I wonder why it's only one company that does North of the River (Perth). Anyway problem solved.

Back