Question about Bond as a Renter NSW

hi, can someone tell me how long it usually takes for the bond to be deposited into ones account? Early last week we moved out of a place and the agent said they sent the bond off then. I have yet to see any money in my account so I just wondered how long it usually takes?

Most likely they sent the bond return form, not the bond.
Landlord or Agent does not hold the bond, it's held by Rental Bond Board, hence the sending of bond return application form.

Depends upon how that form was filled in as to how you will fare regarding the return of bond. Did you sign it?
If so, what was stated on it as far as the return of funds?

Most likely they sent the bond return form, not the bond.
Landlord or Agent does not hold the bond, it's held by Rental Bond Board, hence the sending of bond return application form.

Depends upon how that form was filled in as to how you will fare regarding the return of bond. Did you sign it?
If so, what was stated on it as far as the return of funds?

Very interesting. We had to travel overseas and the agent agreed to meet us the previous weekend for an inspection and at the same time to take people through the place. I asked about the bond when he arrived and he said he forgot the form but would put it in for me on Monday. We were never asked or given anything to sign and he just said they would take out the few days rent to make it up to date. I said I was worried about that as I preferred to pay the rent separately as I said future agents might not like it when they see my full bond was not returned. I had contacted them a number of times to get an exact amount to pay for my last few days rent but they ignored my emails and phone message. He said future agents I might apply to rent with do not see anything about my bond anyway and I had nothing to worry about. So late last week when I had not heard anything from them I asked what happened to my bond and they said they had sent it off (presuming that meant they had sent it to the bond board to deposit into my account) and would return my bond - $XXX amount owing for the last few days of rent.

Actually, here is their email when I asked about my bond:

I have already sent off the bond form. I have deducted $XXX for the remainder of rent owing and the rest will be refunded to you.

Do I have anything to worry about?
How long should we expect to wait for it to be in our bank?

I think the agent is OK and can be trusted so I will be optimistic here but I would like to have an idea when we can expect the bond to go to our account?

Well the bond board has to receive the form and action it's instructions.

Public service delays I would expect.

Agent ignoring your calls and emails is deplorable.

Keep a record of all your correspondence and conversations just in case.

Back