Question for Nathan

Hi Nathan,

I read your story of how you quit your FT job to pursue investing fulltime.
This was in API mag a few months ago.

As you are no longer in FT employment, how are you able to get loans from banks for your future resi property deals? Do the banks use your rents from your existing portfolio as ´income´ ?

Thanks.

Hi Teg,

My cashflow position is very strong, my LVR is low, and I purchase properties which always add to the bottom line.

I do the occasional Buy and Sell which has helped with bottom line.

I did for a while help with a buyers agency, which helped with cashflow for the purpose of gaining finance through a specific structure I had set up.

For the future, next 12 - 24 months, I am launching a line of books, DVD's along with a mentoring side of things and a couple of interesting projects. - Also the launch of a couple new websites in the next 2 weeks.

The reason for the above isnt because a need of income or to work, I could do a couple of deals a year and earn lots of money to be suffice. Its more than this. Being 25 and playing golf every day can be boring by yourself as all your mates are at work. I am doing this because I like working with others with common interests and being able to share the knowledge on my terms. Along with the fact I have some exponential personal goals to reach which are of a spiritual nature / self forfillment and also monetary goals which help in larger acqusitions.

Hope this provides clarity.

In short I have used my cashflow from property, my low LVR and a level of cashflow to obtain finance.

Nath.

I had some difficulties in the short term after leaving the workforce, unlike obtaining finance like I did in previous times which were more favourable. I did structure myself to appear in positive light for the banks which has aided in being able to gain strength with new funds.

Thanks Nath.

It sounds like you are living a free life that most people will never know.

I am also working on getting out of the many boxes that are restricting my freedom, so I can live life on my own terms.

Back