Question on interaction between strata and Rcode conditions

Hello

I'm very new to this forum so I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this question. Apologies if I am!

My brother and I are looking at buying a piece of land located in the City of Stirling. Here are some details:
- Green title block
- around 475sqm
- zoned as R25 (according to intraMaps)
- Battle axe shaped as it's behind an existing house

My question is whether we can subdivide the block and somehow covert it into a strata or survey strata tile and share the drive way component (i.e. common property) in order to meet the R25 conditions?

For reference, these are the R25 conditions:
- Min per dwelling = 300
- Av per dwelling = 300
- Min lot area/rear battleaxe = 425

http://www.stirling.wa.gov.au/resid...sidential subdivisions.pdf#search=subdivision

I've also assumed that the 'min lot area/rear battleaxe' requirement means that one of the lots must be at least 425sqm? But please let me know if that is not the case.

Thanks in advance for the help!

It's probably not relevant but I'll clarify just in case: these are not investment properties - we are looking at building a house each to live in.

Yes in some cases you can do this - convert the green title and share the driveway and make the rear block 2. However you don't meet the minimum for r25 as you'd need 300 sqm each totally 600sqm each and you only have 475.

You could however build a house and granny flat as you only need 450sqm minimum to do that. It could be a 3x2 house and. 2x2 granny flat

Ah silly me, totally missed that! :eek: Thank you for the response.

Not sure that my brother would be up for living in a granny flat. I guess I could look into renting it out as an option.

From your opinion, what range would the cost of building a granny flat for rental purposes fall into?

Ah silly me, totally missed that! :eek: Thank you for the response.

Not sure that my brother would be up for living in a granny flat. I guess I could look into renting it out as an option.

From your opinion, what range would the cost of building a granny flat for rental purposes fall into?

Somewhere in the range of 100k-120k turnkey.

Cheers

Back