Quick sale for Scarborough (Qld) Property, any thoughts?

Needing some advice, have had our place on the market for 7 weeks, 3 weeks in had a contract for $348K that fell over on finance, building and pest done and no major issues.

Agent is wanting us to sign for another 60 days and look at pricing. Rental appraisal is $340 - $350 per week. Inside is fully renovated, close to transport and close to bay. Really need to move property to get into new venture. Should we sign with agent again or reduce the price by the agents commission etc and give someone out there a real bargin?

save on commission?

I sold a property a year ago through Go Gecko Redcliffe and their commission was only about $6k which helped a lot. I thought they did a really good job too so may be worth a try.

Needing some advice, have had our place on the market for 7 weeks, 3 weeks in had a contract for $348K that fell over on finance, building and pest done and no major issues.

Agent is wanting us to sign for another 60 days and look at pricing. Rental appraisal is $340 - $350 per week. Inside is fully renovated, close to transport and close to bay. Really need to move property to get into new venture. Should we sign with agent again or reduce the price by the agents commission etc and give someone out there a real bargin?

Why not put it in caveat emptor on this forum?

I would be looking for a new agent otherwise limit extension to 4 weeks and exclude buyers introduced by yourself.

I would also be looking at how your advertising and the house etc can stand out from the crowd.
I was looking on re.com in that area a few weeks ago, and was overwhelmed by how many properties were available. There seems to be a glut in that north side of Brisbane.
So, you have to target your house really clearly, and have something that would attract buyers to get beyond the ad to look at the house, and beyond that to buy it.

Good luck!
Pen

the peninsula is struggling at the moment - I am working on trying to move a couple of houses for some of our clients and after a few months and several price reductions still no joy...It really is just a matter of holding on right now - go for the profile if you can, but not at extravagant expense, you won't get the money back. keep your eye very closely on the (very few) properties that have sold and adjust your price accordingly...PM me with details of the property if you want a copy of all the sales in the area and i'll email it to you.

other than that - get a couple of other opinions, but if you are happy with the agent, stick with them - a lot of bad ones around and as long as they aren't telling you porkies changing agents probably won't help at the moment.

stick with it - things will pick up :)

Back