R A Request -Talk to Potential buyer - My Complex

Hi

I would like some advice.

The R A agent that sold me my unit in September has asked if I could talk to a lady who is interested in buying one of the units in my complex. I said yes I didnt mind and i would talk to her. I know I have to be careful though in what i say to her!

Can you give any advice about what to watch out for when talking to her? I dont want to say anything I shouldn't.

I was thinking this could be a good chance to promote the area i have bought in. Units are getting snapped up in Highgate and I'm hoping this is pushing up values.

:)

Last edited:
I don't think that talking to one person who may buy one unit is going to shift the market, Kim! :D

Just tell her what it's like to live there, honestly. Is the body corporate well-run, how's public transport, etc. I wouldn't view your job as being to encourage or discourage her from buying, just be an information resource as though she were a friend asking for your opinion.

You said in your earlier post that you had not moved in yet.

Hard to see what you can tell her as you don't live there yet.

If you do, just be careful what you say - don't give any false impressions as he/she may turn out to be a neighbour if the sale goes ahead.
Marg

Hi

I would like some advice.

The R A agent that sold me my unit in September has asked if I could talk to a lady who is interested in buying one of the units in my complex. I said yes I didnt mind and i would talk to her. I know I have to be careful though in what i say to her!

Can you give any advice about what to watch out for when talking to her? I dont want to say anything I shouldn't.

I was thinking this could be a good chance to promote the area i have bought in. Units are getting snapped up in Highgate and I'm hoping this is pushing up values.

Kim5 may well be a good way too talk up the market in your area,but first off all ask the agent what's in it for you in money terms,no body works for nothing..imho willair..

Kim5 may well be a good way too talk up the market in your area,but first off all ask the agent what's in it for you in money terms,no body works for nothing..imho willair..

lol i joked about this with some people here at work, about how I should get some of the agents commission for helping with the promotion!

But on a serious note: What do others think about this?? Is it worth asking the agent if there is an incentive in it for me in it...... if she were to buy the property? What commission would the agent get from the sale of this property if she sold it for $235 K.

The other thing is. Its a good opportunity to start developing my network. It would help to build a good working relationship with her if perhaps some time in the future I were to buy another property she was selling. I like the area she services. So it could be a good will gesture to her.

What does everyone think?

But on a serious note: What do others think about this?? Is it worth asking the agent if there is an incentive in it for me in it...... if she were to buy the property?
Sorry, but I think this is ridiculous. You should be just telling the woman the truth as you see it; the possibility of your receiving commission may distort what you tell her and is - without disclosure - unethical. Given that you haven't even moved in yet (didn't realise that when I posted earlier), I'm really not sure what you have to tell her that she couldn't figure out herself. :confused:

Sorry, but I think this is ridiculous. You should be just telling the woman the truth as you see it; the possibility of your receiving commission may distort what you tell her and is - without disclosure - unethical. Given that you haven't even moved in yet (didn't realise that when I posted earlier), I'm really not sure what you have to tell her that she couldn't figure out herself. :confused:

Yeah, well thats what i have been thinking too! :)

Just was curious if others agreed with Willair.

I havent had a chance to ring and talk to her yet cos i have been flat out at work, and chrissie lunch. I'll be ringing her today.

Basically the reason i started this thread was because i was worried i may say something i shouldnt but i'll just play it by ear and see how it goes.

IMHO taking payment would affect your impartiality and even cloud your judgment.

Further if you have no track record with the property as have just purchased do you really want to get involved as you may not even be across all the politics of the building or even attended your first strata meeting.

Cheers

Ok just got off the phone with the girl. She just wanted to know what the noise levels were. I said I didnt know I didnt have the sound levels tested. I said that a man living in one of the units says the neighbours are quite. She wanted to know the name of the building report company I used, so I told her.

I said I hadn't moved in yet, will be moving some time in January so I cant say too much about the place but I think its a nice location and I'm looking forward to moving in etc etc. She says she's thinking of buying, she's not sure yet. Shes a fhb.

Back