Raby Bay - Brisbane

I was just playing around on RE.com and stumbled across this place.

What is the demographic like? How has it performed price wise historically?

It looks amazing from a lifestyle point of view for a Melbournian - $1.5m seems to get you a canal front place with your own mooring and private quay front......

Am I missing something? What do Brisbaners' think of Raby Bay? If one was planning to move up north would you recommend living here?

I've not lived in Clevland but having lived in south/central Brisbane most of my life I've formed some views of the area.

You have the Clevland line station close by but it's over an hours train trip into town (long trip by Brisbane standards), and apart from peak trains usually only go every half an hour (out to an hour on weekends). The roadways in and out of the area are OK but not fantastic. You'll find yourself having to drive west into town before you can head north/south.

There's not too much in the area as far as convinence goes, a couple of shops/restaurants etc but don't expect St Kilda! Capalaba is the closest shopping area. There's a nice Neaplese restaurant by the water in the Raby Bay complex that I take the wife to on occasion, and a few other cafes/bars but not much.

If you're ready to settle down in retirement and want somewhere to put the boat then there are worse places. But if you're working anywhere other than locally I wouldn't consider it. Your milage may vary. :)

The locals say it was built on landfill and is probably sinking.

But locals sometimes don't know squiddly.

Cleveland has quite pleasant main streetish shopping. Preferable over the confusing mess that is Capalaba.

Back