Raymond Terrace Reno

G'day All,

Thought I'd share our latest reno project. I'll start with a few before pic's.

Cheers,
Ben

Attachments

• IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2364.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2886.jpg
    IMG_2886.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2363.jpg
    IMG_2363.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 109
Purchase price $144,000, closing costs $6,400, Reno costs still waiting on a couple of invoices to come but should be about $13,000, travel expenses, flights, food etc about $2000

So $166,000 total, expected rent $285/week. Bank val completed today at $190,000.

Questions or comments...fire away.

Coming along very nicely. How long are you expecting it to take?

Are you doing the work yourselves?

It took three weeks, I'm very lucky in that I had my father there the whole time and a carpenter that does some work for him from time to time. I flew down for 9 days and we had another carpenter for 2 1/2 days to help with the bathroom.

Hey you've done a great job and seems like a good return. Is this property in Darwin? I know you said you flew there so doubt it. Goodluck with all, would love to know final figures

Rt

Hiya Coconut Wheels

Glad to see it turned out well; my figures in Raymond Terrace are very similar too:)

Did you go with Debbie Bates for PM in the end?

Tried my luck in Raymond Terrace also, unfortunately all properties sold at $170k+

Only worth it at $140k as you guys have done. Well done. Wish I had caught on sooner.

Hiya Coconut Wheels

Glad to see it turned out well; my figures in Raymond Terrace are very similar too:)

Did you go with Debbie Bates for PM in the end?

Thanks Virgo, I ended up just using LJ Hooker. I'd been using them as a contact for access with the keys etc, they also came up at different stages of the reno and gave some good advice/suggestions. I met the principal, who runs the pm side and a couple of the managers who seemed ok. So I thought I'd give them a go.

Looks great, must feel good to finish, im actually doing one around the corner and almost done, has taken me 2 months but only working on the weekends (still working fulltime mon-fri)

Can I ask what the land size is and how many bedrooms? will be revaluing mine soon so trying to guestimate the figure based on yours...

Looks great, must feel good to finish, im actually doing one around the corner and almost done, has taken me 2 months but only working on the weekends (still working fulltime mon-fri)

Can I ask what the land size is and how many bedrooms? will be revaluing mine soon so trying to guestimate the figure based on yours...

659m2 3bedroom fairly small living area and kitchen. Did you buy yours in the same batch that mine was sold?

659m2 3bedroom fairly small living area and kitchen. Did you buy yours in the same batch that mine was sold?

No just before the auctions yours was in was listed actually. Mine is in the DOH area but was a private sale. 166k partially reno'd and 4 bedder. at 140k yours is better value but I bought what I did since it worked well with my situation- didn't have the time or money for something in that condition. Its in Roslyn st.

Good to see the jump in price from one lot of auctions to the next- 181k I think one sold for the other week!

Well done, that's great result. 3 weeks is great. We usually take 5 weeks for a full reno. But that's working also.

$13K is a good figure. What did that include?

Well done, that's great result. 3 weeks is great. We usually take 5 weeks for a full reno. But that's working also.

$13K is a good figure. What did that include?

Thanks! Just in the process of working out how much to allocate to different items for the depreciation report.

I had originally planned to get it in under $10k but blew out on a few things I hadn't factored in like:

Floor sanding $1950
Aircon $850
Stove $500
Wardrobe $300

There is about about $4500 in labour costs

The kitchen was a flat pack from bunnings and was $1400 inc sink etc.

Bathroom was fairly cheap, it really could have been gutted but we didn't. Materials about $900-$1000.

Cheers,
Ben

Hey mate I'm interested in ur bathroom!!!
Toilet tiles shower and vanity cab, did u buy them cheap second hand or new? Where from?

What was the total cost for the bathroom, I'm about to do my first lol I'm gonna see if I can match ;)

Looks great btw

Back