rear lane access

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I get some advises on what should I do.

There is a property I am interested in buying. The vendor said there is a potential for rear driveway access, but upon inspection I found that there is a storm water inlet/sump at the footpath. Putting a driveway there might affect the flow of the storm water but I am guessing there might be ways to get around it.

I spoke to them on the phone and they said they can not give me an answer unless there is an application. Abit of a catch 22 situation here.

Is there a way to find out whether the council will approve the driveway?

thanks

others might have a better solution - but what about making your offer "subject to ..." getting the driveway approved thru council.

normal settlement is 6 weeks, and approval shouldn't take that long (depending on the council) - so put in the application during settlement period. the vendor might need to sign some documents allowing you to do this, but if they truely believe it can be done, and are selling it with this "carrot", then they shouldn't baulk.

I saw some properties with the same problem and there was large piece o bent heavy gauge steel plate or two narrower ones, that gave ramp for cars to climb on the curb.

But I have no idea if it is legal solution.

Back