Rebuilding a Mortgaged Property

Also make sure you have enough available cash in case the Banks valuation is less than the current debt post demolishion and they a.sk you to reduce the outstanding loan

Quite normal and common:

1. You need a building tender (not just a quote from the builder)
2. LVR will be dependent on whether the build is through a licensed builder or whether its owner builder
3. Max loan amount and LVR depending on the postcode of the property

True but I would be holding a large amount of cash in their bank. I think if they dont know and everything goes smoothly , it should be OK.

True but I would be holding a large amount of cash in their bank. I think if they dont know and everything goes smoothly , it should be OK.

If you're holding a large quantity of cash I can't see any downside in informing the bank? At worst they may ask for more money down which you can then get back out once the new building is down & valued?

Yeah Waldo, I think you're right. Should tell the bank if and when I decide to go ahead.

Can be frustrating though as the banks ( and councils) always seem to make me "jump through hoops" whenever I ask for something.

"Come on Datto, now jump through this one, its only a little bit higher than the other one we gave you. Only two more hoops and we will consider your request "

People do it and if i had the coin i would probably do it that way too BUT make bloody sure you have enough money and factor in contingency. Worst thing you can do is run out of money before completion as then you really are $&%^%!!

Back