Recommendations for Agreed VAlue CAR Insurance please

Hi All

I am looking for recommendations for car insurers that offer agreed value car insurance.

So far I have Shanons not perfect because ...

My car is Toyota Hilux Ute, 2003, but very low kms of 60,000 so effectively 3 years old in use, and converted to LPG which cost over $3k. Plus roof racks and tool boxes, tow bar etc... a long term investment car for the farm. so business use.

On the market value it is worth only around $5k but the real value with the low kms and LPG is more like $15K hence I want Agreed Value. I accept it will cost more.

FYI I did use Budget Direct last year but they diddled me. :mad:

I grilled them on the details and all was good BUT after quoting an agreed value THEN SENT paperwork as market value which I only found when I converted to LPG. Then get this, they wanted another $89 to cover the LPG but no increase in value??? and now they claim "because of the LPG" they cannot offer agreed value. BS all of it. DONT USE BUDGET DIRECT.

So I thought ok we get new insurance when it ends but get this, they automatically renewed me with an increase of 66% above first budget price that won then the quote!!

AND when I get a fresh quote on line it back down at my original price!

REPEAT: DONT USE BUDGET DIRECT.

Suggestions please, not the cheapest, I want the best.

Regards, Peter 14.7

AAMI. Hopeless at house & granny flat insurance - but very happy with them for car insurance. (also has claims - handled very well).

Thanks.

AGREE, I just dumped AAMI on house and IP so I hear you there. By the way Shannons only does speciality as I feared. They suggested AAMI, GIO and I will try RACV.

Peter

AAMI. Hopeless at house & granny flat insurance - but very happy with them for car insurance. (also has claims - handled very well).

Yeah, but you don't get the choice of repairer and they tell you they will use secondhand parts.

I used to be with Shannons. I, and a number of other people in my car club, have switched to NRMA.

Excellent service, coverage, price and choice of repairer.

Thanks Ideo.

I thought so. Not surprised they use second hand etc...Dodgy as.

FYI I did a rate city test which offers a so called "range of insurers" but when you delve they are all underwritten by AI & G which I assume the majors are not. Claytons Insurance.... and yes Budget where there.

FYI we had a claim a long way back with AAMI and they were ok but after the house experience NEVER AGAIN.

I am looking at my state RACV but i know they don't give a choice or push hard for preferred. Something about will not guarantee the repair if not a preferred repairer?

In the end it is all BS.

I am looking for either: stolen and trashed or crashed and written off or crushed by a tree cover. Not bingle here and there as I don't drive in the city much with this car.

I hope never to use it but we do have few tress in the bush and kangaroos.

Peter

NRMA.

I have 2 cars and a caravan insured with them. I have made a claim or two over the years and can say good things only.

Agreed value - chosen repairer and good service.

After they give you a quote ask them how you can reduce the premium without affecting the agreed value or the policy details. You will be surprised how often they will trim a little off the premiums just for asking. Try it!

Back