Red Moon - take the kids outside next week

Thanks for posting your photo topcropper. Its great!

All we had was cloud so missed it. Nice to at least see what we missed. :(

Great pic TC, my digi camera showed a little shaky red blob about matchhead size .

Didnt even bother looking at it on the 'puter

Dave

Nice one TC.

In Brisbane, we had a street gathering. kids hogging the binocs, adults with cab sav in collapseable chairs...

Bands of cloud kept coming over though....

Still pretty interesting though.

Was thinking how a fast motion video would have been the way to go.....though your pic is pretty good.

Well I've seen a red moon now.. not that red though out in North Bris.

And still have a goal to see Halley's comet for a second time as it wasn't that impressive the first time.

I deliberatly did not look at it last time (Haileys Comet) thinking I could say I was one of the few, but apparently no one else saw it either.

Dave

Fantastic photo TC! Thanks for that. We drove about 30 minutes west of Adelaide - it was an orange glow but what interested us the most was how the eclipse gave the moon a more obvious 3D perspective. The comet that was around maybe 6 months ago - that was impressive too!

An amazing (and beautiful) photo!

We had great viewing here, actually from one side of Victoria to our home...(travelling), then got a series of photos, about one quarter the size of TC's picture.

Just a great photo, thanks TC.

I saw no red. This could be because I'm colourblind or because our atmosphere is cleaner than we are led to believe. :)

The redness is due largely to refraction of light through the atmosphere, splits the spectrum up like with a rainbow, also why we can get glorious coloured skies with sunsets/sunrises. Red moons have been around for a lot longer in history than we have had serious pollution.

Thanks for the photo TC and for the gallery of photos Macca.

TC's photo (and some in the gallery) clearly show what my 11 year old insists is the "moon bunny".

(Of course, he is old enough to know there is no real moon bunny, just as he is old enough to know I am joking when EVERY full moon, I tell him "I used to be a werewolf, but I'm alright NOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW - must say "now" like a loud howl!!)

Wylie

Andrew_A said:
And still have a goal to see Halley's comet for a second time as it wasn't that impressive the first time.
And the best of luck to you for THAT one... :D

Thanks for the giggle,

Regards,

This is what it looked like at my place half an hour ago,...

Redmoon002.jpga.jpg

See ya's.

Just set this pic as my desktop background - looks great on Vista esp with the black laptop edge around the screen.

Thanks mate.

TC's photo (and some in the gallery) clearly show what my 11 year old insists is the "moon bunny".

Wylie

Moon Bunny??

Man in the Moon??

When I was a kid all I could ever see was a guy chasing a kid through the bushes with an axe raised above his head??

PS: Had a look, he's still there ;)

Back