Regional Property - Gloucester

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to see peoples thoughts on buying property in the Gloucester region. My partner and I are looking to sell our PPOR and relocate not only to get out of S/W Sydney and bring our little girl up in the country but also to buy, renovate and hold some more property in a different area. With the potential for more mines and CSG going in, it looks like there will be a fair boost for the community with alot more jobs in the area. Locals seem certain that the rocky hill mine and csg can only be a good thing for the area.

Just after some opinions from some investors that may have looked into the area.

Thanks,
Andrew

Do NOT sell your house in south west syd ! Use the equity mmaaaaaaaate!!!!

Seriously though my personal opinion is you would be mad to sell your PPOR talk to a smart broker and sort out loans before you move if you like Gloucester after 4 years then sell ya old one pay no capital gains tax!

Again I am no professional but plenty of good blokes and chicks on this site if you don't know where to start

Gloucester nice but I like the beach foster is better!

Good luck

Nice area. Can't really see an investment there doing any good. Rent out your house in Sydney and rent a place up there for a year - you might change your mind after a year.

Gloucester as far as property prices has done nothing for years now. But had a massive jump from about 2003 to 2006, after Sydney had topped out. It will probably happen again. If you got your timing right you could get out of Sydney at the top and into Gloucester as it takes off?

All speculation and theory on my part here. Could do nothing like what I said.

I love Gloucester. Nice town and country side. If you move there I'd look at acreage just out of town personally.

See ya's.

one of the proposed open cut coal mines will be operating 24/7 under lights. There will be a glow from the mine reducing stargazing opportunities as well as increased fine dust in the air causing 'Tighes Hill cough'. Check with the locals the areas to avoid (south side I think).

Back