Regulations for Cubby House build in Brisbane

Hey guys,
Trying to source info regarding the distance needed if any, for a cubby house to be built near the side fence of our back yard in Brisbane. The fence between us and the neighbors is a six foot timber fence and just wanted to see if any one knows if there is a minimum distance this needs to be out from the fence line.
The lenght of the cubby will run aprox 3.6m parallel to the fence line,and height around 2.8m
I can't seem to find exact info regarding this.
Someone said that there is no limit with a cubby house but would prefer to double check.
Any advise would be appreciated.

i would suggest searching for garden shed compliance on the bcc and go from there......im sure the bcc will have something about what your chasing though..call them tuesday

cubby houses from experience you can build 20 stories high...until the next door neighbour complains then the ***** will soon fall down upon you with regulations coming out of the wood work from council..

if your sensible just follow some basic guidelines of construction for a garden shed....and be courteous towards the neighbours and you will be sweet...

I think you can build something (shed, cubby house) in your yard, up against the fence to a height of 2m without any approval.

However I think above that height would trigger a building application in theory. They would consider the size, structure etc. Wouldn't be a planning application unless you had a kitchen, bedroom, etc and tried to call it a cubbie ;)

Thanks Guys for the response..
I have since been able to get in touch with BCC who have stated it can be close to the fence provided the total roof area is no greater than 10m2 and maximum height is 2.4m.
Looks like I have a new project to start

Back