Relocatable house?

Planning to build GF pretty soon :)

Any one has any idea about relocatable Granny Flat home?

Will this be good enough? i mean strong enough? :p

Thank u kindly

Strong enough for what? A nuclear bomb shelter? Storage of explosive devices? Withstanding a tornado? Keeping a herd of elephants in? Probably not.

Keeping grannies in? No problems at all. They have standards for building houses, you know :p

I recently came across someone doing these. I thought what a great idea for us serial renovators or the home upgrader. Just get a crane to dump granny flat in front or back of house, and generate an income whilst renovating - and have property available for rent so get tax deductions.

And for the home upgrader - not having to leave the site for the 6-12months it takes (and worse still have to move in with the family).

I am thinking why not capitalise on the new NSW changes.

Anyhow the granny flats, are 40-50m2 2 br bath and kit nicely done, they are storage shells which have been rendered with french doors and they look great - the guy is making them in Melb and had some experience with the mining accomodation market. From memory about $60k?

Let me know if this is what you are talking about - and I can try to find the info.

Hope this helps
Jane

I am thinking on the same lines - why not bring in a relocatable home, drop on site, connect to services and bingo....
I have seen a number of good relocatables advertised around 40K range whilst building a granny could be come around the 80-90K.
Agreed there will be transportation and site costs. But would still believe there is a savings in cost and the 'time to market' could be down to a 2,3 weeks compared to months for a build.
Just that the relocatable has to 60 sqm or lesser for it to be a 'granny flat'.

lol...hopefully it wont be moved by the wind :eek::eek:

thanks all for the input. greatly appreciated.

i hv more confidence to have relocatable GF now.

Thank u once again. :)

Back