Removal home companies don't like my 2 bedder

Hi guys. I'm currently trying to sell my old 2 bedroom house in Melbourne's inner west to a removal home company to save on demolition cost. I was hoping to have the site vacant in October so builder can start construction possibly the end of this year.

Now...the issue is it looks like most home removal companies don't like 2 bedders. I've talked to Golden Age Homes and they basically said a straight no. Kilmore House Removal is the only one that accepts 2 bedroom houses but they got my address and did a drive-by and emailed me later to say they don't like weatherboard house with vinyl coverings. They prefer real weatherboard looks!

So, before I completely give up on this I just want to get you people's opinions on this? Have I got no hope to remove this house?

mimimao

Hi guys. I'm currently trying to sell my old 2 bedroom house in Melbourne's inner west to a removal home company to save on demolition cost. I was hoping to have the site vacant in October so builder can start construction possibly the end of this year.

Now...the issue is it looks like most home removal companies don't like 2 bedders. I've talked to Golden Age Homes and they basically said a straight no. Kilmore House Removal is the only one that accepts 2 bedroom houses but they got my address and did a drive-by and emailed me later to say they don't like weatherboard house with vinyl coverings. They prefer real weatherboard looks!

So, before I completely give up on this I just want to get you people's opinions on this? Have I got no hope to remove this house?

mimimao

Try putting it in the trading post, or similar. People will often find the place, and then hire the removalist.

Another great place to advertise it is Gumtree :) Have you thought about buying a really cheap country block and moving the 2 bedder yourself - could be a great weekender for you (or to rent out) ...I love options :)

Holly

Back