Removing fibreglass pool from IP?

Without getting into the whole debate over whether a pool is a +ve or -ve for an IP (which has been done recently)...has anyone ever removed a fibreglass pool from an IP, and how much did it cost?

There is a fibreglass pool in a potential IP I'm looking at right now, and it is sickly green and half full. The rest of the property is fine, and is in a great location. I'm in two minds as to whether to get the pool fixed and then ongoing maintenance, or just drain it and remove it. Do you recover any costs by selling the removed pool, or is it negligable?

Thanks everyone, Chris

Hi Chris,

Hopefully the pool is not IN the IP but outside in the yard :p

It will be almost certainly damaged in the removal process and be worthless. The hole in the ground will require filling, and assuming you've got access that's not a problem. If you don't ..........

There are alternatives to removal and fill. One place I saw had a deck built over the pool, and there it stayed, sealed and forgotten. Another was turned into a wine cellar :cool:

There's always more than one way to flick a pool.

MC

Hi,

Look up 2nd hand pools in yellow pages and ring around and see if someone will buy it off you. Plenty of people who buy properties with pools in them and don't want them have them removed. I think the pool company buys the pool off you and then they recondition it and onsell. Worth looking into.

Lucy

Thanks for those ideas Michael and Lucy, I will look into them. Its very unsightly as it is, and would add zero value if repaired and maintained.

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris,

If the property is in Perth, there is a company called Palm City Pools in Bibra Lake who do 2nd hand pools. If you buy Saturday's West, there is a pool section at the back of New Homes to Build and there is an ad in there with the phone number.

Lucy

Back