Renovation Mishaps an Laughs

Well thought would unload for a bit of comedy.

Backend of renovation at the moment- rear door needs to be hung so haven't been able to lock house up entirely leaving access to laundry, however have been able to lock laundry door so access to main house is exempt... Luckily.

Dropping off decking today to find that some punks have jumped the fence and made entry- having just painted the eaves and guttering I had 5litres of ceiling white and another tin of cream that has been thrown and slapped on the external brick work- they have also tried to flood the joint by attempting to plug the laundry sink and leave tap running, luckily they didn't do a great job.

Finally as the icing on the cake- the took a **** in the laundry and spread it across the walls.

Needless to say I spent the afternoon in the rain on a Gerny and scrubbing **** off the newly painted laundry walls.

Anyone beat that?
:D

Hey Singo-

It's in Hillman, Rockingham.

We've got two others down there never had an issue though.
Guess at some point have to expect these things though when I saw the **** all I could do was laugh though didn't see the amusement when I was scrubbing it off.

The reval on this one better be epic.

I thought it would be MEDINA for sure;) What a pain in the ar$se

I don't think I can beat it.
However, the last mishap we had was when DH decided that to save money he would build the robes for bedrooms for one of our Girrawheen properties, this was 12 months ago. Anyway he finished them at home, loaded 1 on top of the 4WD ready to install, while driving down the lane way, all flew off, complete disaster. Off to Bunnings again, salvage what he could, which was very little, costly exercise:eek:

We don't do renos anymore, stick to developing its easier and he does nothing, suits me fine:p

I thought it would be MEDINA for sure;) What a pain in the ar$se

I don't think I can beat it.
However, the last mishap we had was when DH decided that to save money he would build the robes for bedrooms for one of our Girrawheen properties, this was 12 months ago. Anyway he finished them at home, loaded 1 on top of the 4WD ready to install, while driving down the lane way, all flew off, complete disaster. Off to Bunnings again, salvage what he could, which was very little, costly exercise:eek:

We don't do renos anymore, stick to developing its easier and he does nothing, suits me fine:p

Yep I think developing is the ticket but until we can build up an equity position to do so buying renos it is! Had the same thing happen to one of my surfboards when was younger, new roof racks how hard could it be to fix them to the car- 100kmh down highway and "voof"- boards and racks gone.

This is why I put up temporary fencing on all my renovation projects. Keeps the bad people away.

It's amazing how many people driving by slow down to see what's going on when you have a temporary fencing. A bit of shade cloth wired to the fence fixes the problem.

Hi connolly,

I've purchased my own fence. Works out cheaper in the long run. I paid $50 per panel including feet and clamps.

I think if you rent it through a company they charge around $60 month depending on how much you need.

Wow, sorry to hear that.

I've just been renovating a property in Rockingham as well - fortunately nothing like that happened!

(although incidentally, there was also a whole lot of **** in my backyard as a homeless person or vagrant had been living there..)

Back