rental headache perth

Me and my partner have just purchased a property in Kewdale about 7km's south of the Perth CBD
my problem is that we aren't ready to move in yet and would like to rent the property for about 9 month - to a year

just wondering on my options on tenants, the property is very well renovated and would attract most likely $480 - 500 a week for a 3x1

are short term leases looked on badly or is there a market out there for short term rentals

house can be fully furnished or non furnished

If this is to be your home get professional (accounting) advice before leasing it out.

If you don't live in it first you may compromise your PPOR CGT exemption.

hardly a headache?? wait till you actually get the tenants in there for that.

also 6 months + is considered long term, shouldn't be a problem at all, but as advised above be wary of your tax position

Me and my partner have just purchased a property in Kewdale about 7km's south of the Perth CBD
my problem is that we aren't ready to move in yet and would like to rent the property for about 9 month - to a year

just wondering on my options on tenants, the property is very well renovated and would attract most likely $480 - 500 a week for a 3x1

are short term leases looked on badly or is there a market out there for short term rentals

house can be fully furnished or non furnished

12 months is a standard lease. Rent it for that term and revisit when the lease is up.

I would imagine a strong demand in Kewdale due to industrial areas near bye such as Welshpool and Kewdale. Ask a local PM to give you an idea of expected rental.

As stated first step would be to seek advice form an accountant though.

If it has been purchased as a first home utilising the FHOG would need to be careful as you need to occupy it within the first 12 months for 6 months or longer unless a lease is already in place? In that case the lease can run its term (and you collect the rent) but can not be altered in any way and you will need to occupy the property soon after the lease has expired.

Back