Rental property required - Adelaide

Hi all,

One of my new guys at work is looking for somewhere to live.

He has just discharged from the RAAF and has moved down from Katherine in the Northern Territory and is searching for a place for himself and his wife and kids.

He has been having trouble finding a place mainly due to the fact they have two small dogs.

He is a real estate investor himself, owning three properties in Katherine.

If you need a quiet, reliable and responsible tenant then drop me a line and I'll pass on his details.

He is now working as a defence contractor out at RAAF Edinburgh but he would like to avoid living in the Elizabeth area if possible.

Somewhere between the RAAF Base and the city would be ideal.

Darren, I've got a 3/1/1 coming up in Enfield with new kitchen (but old bathroom), very well kept. Single garage and carport, very big backyard and frontyard for the kids. Debating whether or not to rip the carperts out and polish the floorboards, whcih will make it look bloody awesome. (although there's a big German Shepherd in the yard next door, if his dogs scare easy :D )

Catch is, only available in about 3 months or so. If he hasn't found anything in a month or two - drop me a line.

rental

Thanks for the reply Steve,

He is not having much luck at the moment so you never know. He may still be looking in 3 months.

My place at Playford Waters should be finished about then too :)

I will keep your place in mind.

Darren

Playford Waters is nice mate, went for a walk around there couple weeks back. Any idea when those new blocks on Strathaird are being released and how much they want?

If he wants a place a bit further north, and a lot crappier - I've also got one coming up in Eliz Nth. ;)

Playford Waters

No idea on the release date of the next lots. I have been checking out the web site regularly but nothing yet.
I imagine that prices would have risen substantially too. In my release 600sqm blocks were $86k then rose to $102K. Still a hell of a lot cheaper than the Blakeview prices!!!!! I nearly fell over when I saw what they were asking. Starting from $115k for blocks less than half that size.

I would consider building another house in Playford Waters but with the current interest rates I'm not real keen on borrowing at the moment.

You probably saw my place when you did your walk through there. Corner of Arcadia and Admiralty.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/Munromad/13May08-04.jpg

It seems to be taking forever although they are starting on the inside this week.

Gyprock has been delivered and is "apparently" going up this week.

Also got my first broken window this week. I honestly thought there would have been more vandalism so I think I have been lucky. The only other issue is that someone flogged the electrical cable out of the conduit. They probably scored 30 metres of mains cable.

Yeah I did pass it, would have paid more attention if I knew it was yours! :D

My uncle took possesion from the builder about 2 weeks ago for his place on Overlander - big place @ 180 squares from memory. They paid $305k, but by the time they're finished they'll have spent $350k on it. I think they're overcapitalising it personally, especially since they have a view to selling down the track - but they'll find that out the hard way. :rolleyes:

When I walked through their build about 2 months back, they had most of their windows smashed, but once replaced - they didn't have any more problems. Hope the rest of you're build goes smoothly. Are you going ahead with the plan to put the big shed at the back with the fence around it?

One thing that stuck me as I walked through was all the houses had double gge/carport except for two. Wouldn't want to own one of those two! The northern side of the estate will be finished soon at the rate the building is going. Also be good once they upgrade Graeber Rd next to the railway so we can go through the back rather than all the way around to Coventry to go through the main enterance.

Know what you mean about land prices. Makes me realise how cheap land was a few years ago - my brother bought a block in Northgate for his build for only $90k odd! Blakeview is selling at the moment isn't it? Is the site for the Playford Waters release the Century 21 LandDiscovery one, or is there a new one?

Playford Waters

I have been using the Land Discovery site. It keeps saying " new release coming soon".

Although I just checked it again then and they seem to have removed Playford Waters from the site.

There is also the developers site http://www.gemtreeproperty.com/current_projects/Playford_Waters.html

I have noticed a couple of smaller homes with single carports and also thought to myself - why would you bother??

There was no way I was going to buy one of those tiny blocks. Mine is 600 sqm which was the largest in the estate so far. I think in my release there were 5 or 6 of that size only.

I have decided not to put the shed in the rear of the house. I could make it work but it's just not worth spending the cash to do it.

I'm not planning on spending a lot to finish mine off. I'm aiming for $250,000 ready to rent. Judging on current prices in their for similar homes I reckon I'm up 50k already. Not planning to sell though.

Playford Waters incident

I was out at Playford Waters again today and there was police, ambulance, fire brigade and state emergency service vehicles out there as well as the news teams.

Being the curious type :) I went for a little walk.

There was a house at lock up stage where a car had been driven through one of the garage roller doors and was stuck halfway through the wall between the garage and the living area.

The story I got from the locals was that it was an older woman driving the car but no one seemed sure exactly why it happened.

Well that will give the builders something to do. :)

Back