Renting in Adelaide info please

Hi All
I have a friend arriving in April from the UK. Her and partner will be settling in Adelaide and are looking at the rental market.
This is what they want.
1 or 2 bedrooms
white goods included
would look at fully furnished
near beach
close to public transport
reasonable close to the CBD
house or unit
not too fussed about lots of mod cons.

What is the going rate for this type of property?
Is there properties with white goods only?
What are the areas to stay well away from?
They would appreciate any info, good or bad.

Thanks
cheers yadreamin

Not sure how they will go getting partly furnished with Whitegoods only. They would be better off buying a second hand fridge, washing machine etc. Any Saturday Advertiser will be full of such items. Ir go to a second hand Whitegoods place. They will deliver. Bed, sofa, table and chairs - came deal. Buy secondhand rather than pay the hight rent for fully furnished. Easy!
In Adelaide, you can be near the beach or near the CBD. Not both :)
I would say they should budget around the low to mid $200's for a 2BR unit. 1 BR are not good value, so you might as well pay the extra few bucks a week to have a room to store stuff in.
If they looked at, say Kurralta Park and surrounding areas, they would be West of the city and about half way between beach and CBD with good transport options to the CBD, assuming that's where they will be working.
If they will be working elsewhere, then I think their workplace would be a big factor in their location.
Happy to help or advise, if you want to contact me.

Suburbs around Semaphore sound like what you are after.

20min by train to city.
On the beach.

Or for a bit more money Grange or Glenelg. Both have direct train or Tram to the city and are on the beach.

We sometimes list properties with furniture or student accomodations. Have a look on our website www.adprop.com.au for what is available at the time.

Prices vary according to suburbs, size of house etc.

Most rentals in Adelaide are vacant with no whitegoods so if that is a strict criteria they have they might be limiting their options.

There is also a rental demand in Adelaide at the moment so it is probably not in their best interest to procrastinate.

You could try Newport Quays. There are some furnished one and two bedroom apartments, and larger villas, right on the river and five minutes from the Semaphore beach. And the train to Adelaide is a minute walk away. They would have access to a swimming pool and small gymnasium too!

Thanks for the info its just what we needed.
I will pass it on to my friend.
I had a feeling there is a shortage of renting in Adelaide at the moment.
Pushka, whats a 2 bedder worth at Newport Quays?

xenia l will pass on your website, that will be great for them to check.

Ta
cheers yadreamin

Yadreamin,

I am just wondering why they are moving to Adelaide, not that there's anything wrong with Adelaide, its just that there are so many English moving here lately my daughters school has become inundated with them. I am just wondering if it is an Australia wide thing, they are being told to settle here, or they are choosing Adelaide themselves.

P.S. I recommend the Semaphore area as well as they will have plenty of support from there fellow country men who have moved here recently.

Cheers
Pablo.

I'd also be looking at the option of renting an unfurnished place and renting furniture- as little, or as much, as needed.

I don't know if the whitegoods only option is a UK thing.

But renting an empty unit and separately renting furniture will open up their options hugely.

Google- I think PABS were one company who rented furniture.

Or even buy refurbished whitegoods (some good prices) and get a furniture package fron Fantastic Furniture. (I recently stayed in a self catered 2BR place which had Fantastic Furniture stuff- I recognised because that was the same stuff I put in my 1BR flock of bats- so despite cheap, it probably lasts OK).

Back