Repairing the external steps

Hi All,

Got a call from my Property Manager for Brisbane unit complex that some of the concrete steps are now broken and need repair/replacement.

I am bit lost here, as those I have spoken to have said to just go and replace them with timber step planks. Ideally however I will like to replace them with concrete ones.

In few years however I will like redo all the steps completely as th a t will be necessary for the value add that I have planned for the complex complete with adjoining balconies for the individual units.

Will like to get advice how to proceed with this, any recommendations, contacts will be helpful.

Thanks...

You can buy pre-cast concrete step treads from Bunnings for $35 each. Either lay over the top, or remove old, do any localised rebricking on the supports and then install new. I have done this a number of times, takes a few hours tops.

The biggest problem you will encounter is the holes from the new ones might not line up because of the age of the old ones.
If they are the same and you can buy new ones,nothing will stop you and this could be a cheaper option.

Other than this,you might have to bite the bullet and take hardwood as you can place new holes in any place.

Thanks all.

Yes i have some pics which i will upload in the evening.

For both Concrete or hardwood i will need to get someone to do this for me as i am interstate.

Can anyone recommend a good professional in the area(Coorparoo QLD)?

Thanks...

Back