Replacing broken ducted air conditioner

I have an investment property and my PM just told me the existing ducted air con broke down and need to be replaced.

Have two options:

1. Replace the ducted air cond ($6600)
2. Install split stystem ($1800)

Want to get advise from one who has been through this process and what decision you made? was it a good one in terms of tax, rental return, etc.

I am thinking of increasing the rent $10 to $390/week to cover the cost (option 1)

or $5 (option 2)

Thanks in advance.

I have an investment property and my PM just told me the existing ducted air con broke down and need to be replaced.

Have two options:

1. Replace the ducted air cond ($6600)
2. Install split stystem ($1800)

Want to get advise from one who has been through this process and what decision you made? was it a good one in terms of tax, rental return, etc.

I am thinking of increasing the rent $10 to $390/week to cover the cost (option 1)

or $5 (option 2)

Thanks in advance.

Really - $6k to just replace the unit? That seems excessive, considering the ducting is all in position...?

or $5 (option 2)

Thanks in advance.

If there is a lease in place you cannot increase the rent because you have had to outlay to replace something that was working when they leased the place.

You could increase the rent for the next lease and they can decide if they wish to pay more or move along.

But it is there, it should work, and you simply have to get it fixed.

I'd get another quote. We have ducted, but if we did it again we would probably do a multi-head split. The ducted is almost hopeless in the bedrooms during the day and we have the same issue in my parents' house with the bedrooms missing out badly.

Back