Replacing JOB with PI income

About 4 years ago I gave up my day job but this achieved via husband's business, I don't work in it but the business pays me a very good salary, provides a luxury vehicles and lots of extras. I have continued to pursue my passion of property investing, however my husband still runs the company.

It has now only been the last 6 months that the penny has dropped and I am starting to use property to provide an income stream rather than just buy and hold, albeit lump sum deals.

I don't look for cash flow property deals as I don't see the point of $20 pw after all expenses unless commercial/industrial property.

What I am doing now is purchasing property where I can subdivide, keep front property sell off back. I am new to organising DAs (permits and plans) for unit sites. I am finding the figures very attractive. Its easy if you get into a rising market, parts of Melb is stacking up nicely.

I am also looking at purchasing small blocks of units with other parties in desirable inner city areas. Project manager manages the renovation and this adds value, once again only chasing a rising market.

I have plenty of time to look pursue property and still learning alot which is fun.

Cheers, MTR

Thanks MTR, that sounds like fun! What state are you in? I have been looking into buying in Fitzroy VIC next but I'm in Adelaide so need to do some more research. Let me know how your JV projects go.

Thanks
Tarah

Back