requirementd for subdivision in Brisbane LGA

Hi guys

Thinking of purchasing a house in Wynnum QLD with the idea of subdivision in the future.

just wondering what are the requirements for subdivision (such as land size, frontage)?

(have spoken Brisbane City Council, not much help from them)

regards

Hi guys

Thinking of purchasing a house in Wynnum QLD with the idea of subdivision in the future.

just wondering what are the requirements for subdivision (such as land size, frontage)?

(have spoken Brisbane City Council, not much help from them)

regards

Do a quick search within the site for a poster "RPI",there are several posts and updates for what is required for subdivision,or ask when you ring the BCC to talk too the town planning department the first 15 minutes is free,or it was the last time I rung up..imho..

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/planning-building

Did some quick 'glance research' of some streets in Wynnum.

These two shots I took make me strongly believe it needs to be over 800sqm and 20m frontage. I drew a line to show its over 20m frontage for 2, 400sqm lots.

But you need to check with council.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 82
thanks for that LeoT, great

searching in Wynnum ATM for the following reasons:

3 train stations

lots of schools

close to water

15km from CBD

mixture of expensive houses (up to 2mils) and cheap one under $400k, over time the high end houses will lift the overall price of the suburb ( for a small suburb like Wynnum, $400K houses not far from 2mil houses, the average price will even out with time, cheap houses will catch up with expensive ones)

I have noticed that you have purchased in Brisbane southern side early this year.

what is your analysis of Wynnum?

thanks for that LeoT, great

searching in Wynnum ATM for the following reasons:

3 train stations

lots of schools

close to water

15km from CBD

mixture of expensive houses (up to 2mils) and cheap one under $400k, over time the high end houses will lift the overall price of the suburb ( for a small suburb like Wynnum, $400K houses not far from 2mil houses, the average price will even out with time, cheap houses will catch up with expensive ones)

I have noticed that you have purchased in Brisbane southern side early this year.

what is your analysis of Wynnum?

Hi Eric,

I don't really know too much about Wynnum, its out of my net of interest by 8km mate. Some seem to think there is value there. I just don't know.

Leo

If you go here

http://eplan.brisbane.qld.gov.au/index.htm

See section 9.4

Subdivision code

that is a good start

For specific blocks go here

http://cityplan2014maps.brisbane.qld.gov.au/CityPlan/

Look at the mapping. Click on property info and then click on the property. Will give you a report and tell you the zoning and all the overlays and the neighbourhood plan.

Also have a look at the left hand side, tick the zones and see how far you are (walking distance) from a commercial zone.

thanks LeoT, I might ask you some other questions. have read your previous posts and the interview, they are great. you are so inspirational, hope I could be as good as you one day.

Back