Requirements for Self manage a duplex

Hi,

We have an IP in a duplex (in QLD) ie we own half of the duplex.
At the moment the Duplex is setup with a body corporate and we currently have a body corporate manger.

As it is only a duplex I am considering talking to the other owners and see if they are willing to self-mange the it ie not have an external body corporate manger.
I have been trying to find out what the requirement are for a self-mange a duplex but haven?t been very successful.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
For example do we need to setup a joint bank account with the other owners where sinking fund etc is paid into?
Any suggestion on what is required would be much appreciated.

J

Thanks for your reply,

At the last body AGM the current body corporate manager suggested we should talk to the owner of the other unit (they didn?t attend the AGM) and manage it ourselves instead of them doing it.
I guess for a body corporate manager it is not much money in it for them to manage a smaller duplex.

J

From what I have seen with duplexes, there are not too many items that need attention. There is probably building insurance and fences, and maybe termite inspections. The people I have seen who do this, one organises these things and then they split the bill - each pays for their portion. This may or may not work in your situation.

Back