Restricted lending limiting future capital growth?

With all the gloomy and sensational media reporting out there, it's hard to filter the accurate info from the exaggerated articles designed to get noticed.

I found this one interesting because it matches what Bill Zheng is now saying in his seminars.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2008/10/19/1224351113115.html?s_rid=smh:top5

The basic premise is that credit for property won't be as available as before to fuel property prices.

Could that be true?

How much of our credit is actually from overseas?

Is Australia really in a worst state than the US in terms of debt?

Can anybody shed any light on any of this?

Hi

Libor rates are coming down the system is starting to unfreeze. Banks are starting to slowly lend to each other again. Liquidity is being poured into the system. Interest rates are coming down. Hmmm I believe that the bubble is being reinflated but we will have to pay the piper eventually but maybe not this time.

I think that lending will take off all over again so I reckon get ready for another property boom/bubble but this could be the last for quite a while.

My opinion only but I believe things are being set in place for this to happen

Of course I could be wrong

cheers

With all the gloomy and sensational media reporting out there, it's hard to filter the accurate info from the exaggerated articles designed to get noticed.

I found this one interesting because it matches what Bill Zheng is now saying in his seminars.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2008/10/19/1224351113115.html?s_rid=smh:top5

The basic premise is that credit for property won't be as available as before to fuel property prices.

Could that be true?

How much of our credit is actually from overseas?

Is Australia really in a worst state than the US in terms of debt?

Can anybody shed any light on any of this?

Some of us having been saying it for more than a year:rolleyes:

a) Yes, the real question is timing and scale
b) Depending on your definitions and assuming you're talking about credit, 30%ish
c) Again, depending on definitions, at a national level no, in terms of % of income going to service real estate debt, yes.

Back