Retaining Walls - Development sites

Have you been able to talk to the owner who is developing? Surely he's not happy with the wonky fence work either?

Keep perservering!

No, I haven't spoken with or know who the owner is. Our previous tenant advised us it was wonky and the owners tenant renting the existing house spoke with my husband about how bad it looked. As far as I know it is rented through an agency - so I'm not sure if owners are aware.

No, I haven't spoken with or know who the owner is. Our previous tenant advised us it was wonky and the owners tenant renting the existing house spoke with my husband about how bad it looked. As far as I know it is rented through an agency - so I'm not sure if owners are aware.

I think they are your best bet for getting it fixed. You can either send a letter via their PM or find their details via RPData or something like that and send them a letter.

It was a colorbond fence in excellent condition about 10 years old. I have a survey to confirm. It is now a retaining wall with re-used colorbond sheets on top. Approx 80 meters of warped fence now! Probably equivalent to $10,000 replacement value. The builder is still on site. I don't get why someone would pay and accept this quality workmanship. Building company doesn't return calls and obviously doesn't follow up when they say they will. I understand why as we aren't paying them - but gosh, would never recommend or use them. I'll call council to try to sort.

We had a situation where a neighbour at Madora Bay was developing and found out the original fence was actually on their property and it was an asbestos fence we coughed up 50% for this. The fencing contractor installed it incorrectly, levels were too high, allowing for pets to escape, I basically refused to pay my 50% until they got it right.

Not sure what your rights are, but I think if the fence is in good condition and does not need replacing then you don't pay as has already been mentioned.

Back