Reverse cycle aircon in 90sqm unit

I'm just wondering if reverse cycle aircon is considered a good selling point in a unit? I'm just about to get some quotes, expect to pay about $1400 for the aircon unit and about $500 for installation - does that sound right?

We don't really want aircon but need it as we have terrible trouble with smoke drift from a unit below which means we have to close all our windows. I am also just about to have a baby and am paranoid about any smoke coming into my home. :mad: We plan to sell in 18 months or so but right now is not convenient.

I would do it for your baby's benefit but insofar as selling point for a unit - probably won't add much value. Let's not forget that only you are aware of the smoke coming from the unit downstairs because you currently live there. It is unlikely that a prospective purchaser would be aware of that (and I don't think you'd ever tell them).

I think it would be a selling and/or renting plus. When you consider you are doing it for your own health's sake to avoid the smoke, then why not go ahead.

I know that over the past several years, we have added reverse cycle air-con to houses as they become vacant. Tenants expect it once you get to a certain rent price point.

As Aaron said; I would do it anyway for the benefit of baby. Just thought I'd mention that temperatures that are too high or low while sleeping are a risk factor for SIDS (obviously smoke is also).

Back