Rick Otton, Steven McKnight or others

Any guru there to advise a newbie please on the best information for learning and practising wraps in the ACT?

Both R Otton and S McKnight have advertised wrap packages valued at about $2k. Is there any other equivalent package out there for a better price? Contact me at [email protected]. Thanks. :)

Some forumites advertise their used wrap packs on the Caveat Emptor forum from time-to-time, often substantially cheaper than the new $2K-ish price.

The downside is that these wrap packs often include "personal assistance" programs that are not transferable, so you'll miss out on that aspect.

wraps in the ACT

Hi,

I have just bought the Rick Otton product ("Wrap Pack")and it is worth every cent !!!
especially since I bought it out of funds from my own self-managed super fund, which i just set up !!!!
therefore cost to me NIL !!!!

I bought the NSW version of the pack. As far as I can tell, there does not seem to be any paperwork for the ACT (Rick tailors each package to whichever state you want to buy)

I follow the Canberra market pretty closely and I reckon some suburbs in the ACT would be ideal for wraps, given the good rents we get here.

With regard to the paperwork, contract for sale of land etc, I may get sometime to prepare something relevant to the ACT shortly but you should bear in mind that the ACT is a leasehold system so you would probably be effectively offering sub-leases until settlement when the buyer would become the head-lessee. This sublease may require something more than the normal residential tenancy requires.......This may be difficult but I won't know until I reserach it further

I have had some preliminary talks with a friend of mine who is also a lawyer and we may put our heads together on this one if enough people want access to it !!!

However, a small downside to wrapping in Canberra has occurred to me....if your buyers check back on "allhomes" for the price you paid, they may be a bit disgruntled (as you are selling on to them for a mark-up, often 20%). This may be one way that such a normally good tool as allhomes can work against what should be the confidential nature of a wrap.

Anyway, if you can afford the wrap pack, definitely buy it.....remember, if you don't get at least 5 times your money back on the first deal Rick will refund your money !!!!!

It's like anything though, you have to take action, not just buy it and read it....

Also, if anyone knows if someone has already done the brainwork for ACT wraps can you post the fact here so I can follow it up.

Savanna

jfchan,

May I humbly suggest that you do a search on the forum for 'wrap', 'mcnight', and 'otton'.

There has been much previous discussion on this topic, and I know I, for one, have written a couple of posts comparing both wrap packs.

See how you go!

hope this helps,

asy :D

Thanks to all you helpful folks, esp to Savanna100. It is reassuring to know that 'I am not alone' in the ACT.

Regarding possible disgruntlement to wrappee due to checking with AllHomes, my approach would be to outline upfront the bottomline benefits to the wrappee. The bottomline is rental money is 'dead' money and what other finances are there to take up the particular risk of the wrappee?

Originally posted by Kevmeister
Some forumites advertise their used wrap packs on the Caveat Emptor forum from time-to-time, often substantially cheaper than the new $2K-ish price.

The downside is that these wrap packs often include "personal assistance" programs that are not transferable, so you'll miss out on that aspect.

Just on the above topic.

Please be weary about some of the "second hand" products which some people are offering.

It is KNOWN that a person on this forum has been photocopying and selling (breaking copyright laws) one of these products. It is also known that a number of other Forumites have puchased these packs, which also constitutes the breaking of copyright laws.

Please be very careful as any breaking of the law will and has been handed to the correct authorities for handling.

However an orignal product is available through Freestylers...

Many Regards
Robert

Back