Ride On Mowers

Thanks for the feedback.

Jump started the old victa yesterday, did a couple of slow laps (its a squealer and the grass is not very long) and the front wheel fell off - bearing is shot! So it is parked back in the shed for repairs.

Hubby gets out the push mower - 10 mins later yells out for a shovel - Tiger Snake! The mower got him before hubby saw saw him. Grass he was cutting was about 20cm high.

Will also be in the market for one in the near future. One critical thing for us is to be able to attach a mini-trailor to the back so in addition to mowing it can be used to cart stuff around the block.

Will also be in the market for one in the near future. One critical thing for us is to be able to attach a mini-trailor to the back so in addition to mowing it can be used to cart stuff around the block.

That was our original plan too - until a tractor became part of the chattels we inherited.

Was in Masters on other business but had a quick look at their ride on mowers ... the McCulloch 16.5hp zero turn was only $3,500 ... had a large mowing deck and seemed pretty solid (will take hubby back for a look).

I gather it's a Briggs and Stratton engine rebranded.

McCulloch used to be a good brand - has anyone had any feedback recently?

http://www.mcculloch.com/au/products/zero-turns/zm3816/

Was in Masters on other business but had a quick look at their ride on mowers ... the McCulloch 16.5hp zero turn was only $3,500 ... had a large mowing deck and seemed pretty solid (will take hubby back for a look).

I gather it's a Briggs and Stratton engine rebranded.

McCulloch used to be a good brand - has anyone had any feedback recently?

http://www.mcculloch.com/au/products/zero-turns/zm3816/

I recently purchased 32" Ariens zero turn for around 4K and just comparing the two from the photos,the mcCulloch seems to have it all as well.It has the bigger cutting deck which usually means more money,mine doesn't have an hour meter while yours does.
Looks to be the winner at $3500 :D

YeeHah!

Bought a Toro Zero Turn with 48" fabricated deck. Wow. Mows half an acre, with two dozen trees, faster than I do the suburn backyard.

Smooth ride - smooth action - fast but controlled - even 9yr old daughter has taken to it (to be encouraged).

That zero turn is sensational and highly recommended

Great News Lizzy!

All is dead here - it has been 8 weeks since I have had to mow. I have decided to delay buying a mower. 1. I have a few more kgs to lose so the additional exercise will help with that and 2. The money not spent will help with the next IP purchase. We will see if I feel this way when I mow again.

I agree with both excuses ... but ... we have good soaking rain and warm but gentle days these last three weeks - the grass is literally growing before the eyes

Great that it's green - but annoying after not having to mow for 2 months prior

You cant go past a Cox 16.5hp. Stockman I think it was. I've had 2 five acre props and the Cox did it for me.
All the other ones Rover, John Deere, Murray, Husky are all good mowers but they are pretty much just that. Lawn mowers. The Cox is a well built paddock mower.

I've slashed reeds 2 foot high and 10mm thick and the cox never even stopped for a breath.

Yes they expensive but worth every cent.

In saying that, my ex wife took it as part of our settlement. God I really miss it. The memories of our good times in the paddock together are flooding back.

Just hope it is ok and being cared for :)))))))

I thought about this thread and had a laugh yesterday when talking to a beer loving mate. He's just sold a perfectly good zero turn mower and bought a conventional one again. Because it's easier to drink a beer as you can steer a conventional mower with one hand but a zero turn with levers takes two hands. Also his new conventional mower takes longer to do the job so he gets more beer time.

See ya's.

We have a new toy!

We have ourselves a new (second-hand) Greenfield. Right place, right time, extremely well cared and awesome price!

Back