Rinnai Gas Hot Water Units - how much is enough?

Hi, just wondered if anyone here could share their experience with the Rinnai hot water units.

I'm selecting one for my PPOR which will have 2 bathrooms & (eventually ;) ) 5 people. I'm pretty well sold on the concept, but am having trouble deciding between some models that give 24L/min, 26L/min and 32L/min. Obviously the cost goes up accordingly :(

Or do I have an option to add 2 smaller Rennai units rather than one biggie?

Cheers. :)

I believe you can add more than one.

I just installed a 25l model in my IP reno (the 25l is the V1500 trade model). That is way more than I need for a 2 bed 1 bath house.

I would say the 26l model would do you fine. If you have two bathrooms even if two people shower at the same time that's only 9l/min x 2 = 18l/min, plus say the kitchen sink, 26l should be fine.

I must say I'm very happy with my unit.

If you shop around you should be able to get them for under $1000. I got one for $800 and one for $735!

Cheers
Nick

We have a Rinnai 24. We are a five person, two bathroom house and have recently had our water audit which shows our showers on full flow are both under 10 litres per minute (9 and 7 from memory).

So we have had two showers at the same time with no issues, and plenty of time the washing machine is filling and the shower is on, still plenty of water.

Wylie

We have a house with 12 people, 3 showers, 1 kitchen, 1 laundry and 1 Rinnai 32 - only problem we've had is with getting AGL to install a larger gas regulator. Oh, and keeping the ruddy thing - it was stolen last month after a years good service (we even had the security cage too - our ex-handyman didn't do a good job on bolting that to the wall).
I think the 26 will probably do you just fine - but I strongly recommend extra steel bars around it. We got a replacement unit (the 32 model) and installation for $2K.

Lindy

Fantastic hot water from our unit.

Put it in 8 years ago and it's great. I think it's the 24l version, 2 adults 3 kids 2 showers.

When the washing machine is on the water pressure drops which isn't nice but you can deal with it. I would be interested to hear from someone who has installed a small unit for each bathroom. The concept seems good but haven't spoken to anyone who as actually done it.

Our water pressure drops off fairly quickly so my guess is our issues are more with the water pressure than the hot water unit.

cheers
quoll

Love ours - think it is the 24L version - basically four adults. Our water pressure doesnt cope with two showers at once though - even someone flushing the toilet while having a shower is noticable, and could never be able to shower and having the washing machine on - but that isnt the Rinnai's fault!

Rinnai are a goodbrand. They are great.

I 've got two connected in series (manifolded) just like batteries.

I sound like an ad, but they are that good.

Back