Ripping out oil heater, wall and air conditioners..

Anyone have any idea how much this would cost?

We want to rip out some old air conditioning units in the house we have bought. The current owners have put in a new a/c but left the old one in..:confused:

We also want to remove an old oil heating unit and rip out about 1.5 metres of the wall it's in/on. This will require floorboard fixing and roof tiling where the chimney is.

Any idea how much this type of thing would cost us to do? Could we do any of it ourselves?

We also want to rip out some old silly windows (looks into sunroom) and brick/gyprock up the wall (brick veneer)...would this be expensive?

I think the reason that no-one has answered you is that you have not provided enough information for anyone to give you an accurate idea. e.g. see below.

Anyone have any idea how much this would cost?We want to rip out some old air conditioning units in the house we have bought. The current owners have put in a new a/c but left the old one in..:confused:
What type of A/C are you ripping out? Do they sit in a window space or are they in a specially made hole in the wall? If brick veneer, gyprock one side up and brick in the hole. Can the bricks be matched?

We also want to remove an old oil heating unit and rip out about 1.5 metres of the wall it's in/on.
Is the wall weatherboard, vinyl clad weatherboard or brick?

This will require floorboard fixing
What are the floor boards - T&G chipboard, polished wood or limed wood? Carpet over top?

and roof tiling where the chimney is.
Cement tile? Terracotta tile? Metal tile? Do you need to remove the chimney? Is the chimney brick or round metal?

Any idea how much this type of thing would cost us to do?
Not so far :confused:

Could we do any of it ourselves?
I dunno. Are you any good at gyprocking? bricklaying? demolishing? roof tiling?

We also want to rip out some old silly windows (looks into sunroom) and brick/gyprock up the wall (brick veneer)...would this be expensive?
What kind of windows? Which wall are they on - an interior or exterior? How large are they? How many of them are there?
Whereabouts are you? You have only said NSW for your location. Costs vary from city to country.

Sounds to me like you need a handyman/builder for a week or so. But that is a complete guess.;)

Back